Translate the search in the filter bar and the Next/previous options

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Translate the search in the filter bar and the Next/previous options

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alix
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t think I got an answer for this ticket I created few weeks ago :https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translate-the-search-in-the-filter-bar-and-the-nextprevious-options/

I’ve managed to translate in french the categories in the filter bar with WPML Multilangual Plugin, however I couldn’t find where to translate the string for the Event from search bar and the Search by Keyword bar.

I currently have :

– Évènements À Partir De (Events From) but It suppose to be Évènements à partir de with only caps at the begining of the first word.

– Keyword : I need Mot-clé in french

Next Events >> : I have Evénements >> suivant (With¨>>¨in the middle) Suppose to be Evénements suivant >>

The button : Trouver Les Événement (Find Events) is suppose to be Trouver un événement

– In the homepage I cannot find where to translate at in the text : 28 Mars 2017 – 31 Mars 2017
    at Club Sportif MAA

I checked the Fr po files and I couldn’t find the strings neither.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help, have a good week,

Alix

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Alix,

I’m really sorry, it looks like your post went below the radar. Let me help you with your questions.

Let’s go one by one:

Évènements À Partir De (Events From) but It suppose to be Évènements à partir de with only caps at the begining of the first word.

This can be easily fixed with a bit of CSS. Copy the below to your theme’s style.css file under Appearance > Editor > choose style.css on the right (that should be the default):

.label-tribe-bar-date {
    text-transform: unset !important;
    }

The button : Trouver Les Événement (Find Events) is suppose to be Trouver un événement

This is a bit more tricky because the “Événement” part is inserted from the translation of “Event” which is used on several places and is capital.

To change “Les” to “un” you will need to change the translation itself.

Here are 2 posts to give you some background on how translations work.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar/

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

For that specific string you will need to open the following file with either a software like PoEdit or with the Loco Translate plugin:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-fr_FR.po

Then look for the string “Find %s” and change the translation to “Trouver un événement”.

Save and upload the .po and .mo files to wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

Keyword : I need Mot-clé in french

You should be able to find this string in the same file.

Next Events >> : I have Evénements >> suivant (With¨>>¨in the middle) Suppose to be Evénements suivant >>

This is quite tricky and will require a template override. (Please check our Themer’s guide before continuing to get a picture on this.)

1. Copy this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\nav.php

to this folder:

wp-content\themes\{your-theme}\tribe-events\list\nav.php

and open it for editing.

2. This is line 34:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( tribe_get_listview_next_link() ); ?>" rel="next"><?php printf( esc_html__( 'Next %s', 'the-events-calendar' ), $events_label_plural . ' <span>&raquo;</span>' ); ?></a>

Change it to this:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( tribe_get_listview_next_link() ); ?>" rel="next"><?php printf( esc_html__( 'Next %s', 'the-events-calendar' ), $events_label_plural ); ?></a>

3. Open your language file (same as above and look for this string:

Next %s

4. As a translation write in

Événements suivants &raquo;

5. Upload the language file

This should do the trick

– In the homepage I cannot find where to translate at in the text : 28 Mars 2017 – 31 Mars 2017
    at Club Sportif MAA

I’m not quite sure how to change this as this might be coming from the theme you are using. I see you are also using a pagebuilder.

Can you give me some details how you added the events there? Was it a widget, or a module of the pagebuilder?

And let me know how the others work out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Translate the search in the filter bar and the Next/previous options’ is closed to new replies.