Translate "Create or Find" in Venue, Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Translate "Create or Find" in Venue, Organizer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aeky
    Participant

Hello,

When a user wants to create a new organizer or a new venue, when clicking on the search field comes in English “Create or Find”, I am doing the page in Spanish and I need to translate that part.

In the .Po files I have not found it.

You can tell me how I can do it, I do not mind accessing the file containing that string and changing it directly, although in the updates have to be pending to change it again.

Thank you very much,

Geoff B.

Good evening Aeky and welcome back!

I would love to help you with this topic.

What might be going on is that some strings (depending on your setup) might come from the Events Calendar, the Events Calendar Pro, Community Events, WordPress and even your theme.

In short, after making sure they are updated, you will need to search through all of these language files in all possible locations.

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Translate "Create or Find" in Venue, Organizer’ is closed to new replies.