Transferring Sales/Ticket records to new server

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Transferring Sales/Ticket records to new server

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi there guys,

I was moving some changes over from my staging to production server, and unfortunately ran into some issues so had to restore from a previous backup.

So now situation is as follows:
    Staging Server contains Sales/tickets Days 1, 2
    Production server contains Sales/tickets days 1, 3

What’s the best way to merge the sales & tickets on database? I’d normally do a complete restore, but in this case I would lose tickets either from day 2 or day 3.

Which tables would I have to copy to get sales and tickets from days 1, 2, and 3 onto the staging server? If successful then I’d transfer them all over to production.

Do you know the function that would merge these records? Any direction would help a lot! Thanks so much.

Cliff

Hi, Adam.

Sorry to hear you’re having to deal with this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

You might want to try doing a regular WordPress export and then import to the other site and see if it does export and import for the custom post types applicable to the tickets.

If that doesn’t work, please specify if you’re using RSVP Tickets, WooCommerce Tickets, and/or EDD Tickets so we might be able to advise further.

Adam
    Participant

Hi, I’m using Event Tickets Plus and Woocommerce – I’m not quite sure what EDD tickets are. Hopefully my site is connected to your support system so it gives you a bit more info.

I have exported Tickets, Attendees and Orders only – is that all I need to export?

Adam
    Participant

I found out what was wrong. I didn’t want a particular tier of ticket to show up as it had sold out, so I’d set its (woocommerce product setting) as private. This meant the names & attendees didn’t show up in the event info.

Will go in and manually set on-sale dates as “yesterday” when they run out of stock, but hopefully won’t be too long until out of stock items hide themselves automatically.. I think I saw earlier that it was in the pipeline?

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=products&section=inventory

Cliff

Adam, I’m glad you got things sorted out, especially since I really wouldn’t have been able to advise you much more on your specific situation.

EDD Tickets are like WooCommerce tickets but for https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/

I’m not familiar with any plan to hide sold out tickets, but you could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

At this time, if a ticket is sold out, it’ll display as such and the quantity box area will have a tickets_nostock class added to it, like this: https://cl.ly/0q312k2r043U

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Transferring Sales/Ticket records to new server’ is closed to new replies.