Help Desk

Transfer License – not working with web developer anymore

Good afternoon Sarah and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your question.

What is the best way to go about getting it transferred to our company?

That is a great question. The short answer is that it depends on the situation and license.

Would it be possible to get the URL of the website that these licenses were tied to so that I can look it into it ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Yes, the URL is thinkreliability.com

Thanks for the help!

Good evening Sarah,

Thank you for writing back.

I have not been able to find a matching license for that domain name unfortunately.

It’s hard to say without knowing more, but it is quite possible that your developer bought the license under their name. Technically, since it is their license, they might choose not to hand it over to you.

Because of that, it is probably simpler to get a new license tied to the  info(at)thinkreliability.com email address.

Since you are an existing customer with an unfortunate situation, we would like to offer that new license to you at the price of a renewal.

Simply use the contact form found here to reach out to us over email and get a coupon code via email: https://theeventscalendar.com/contact/

Make sure you reference this ticket in your request.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Thank you Geoff! Their url is thinkbigshot.com and our license probably is under them.

I just sent in a note to the contact us form.

Once we get that I will have our team to work to get the license under us. Is there anything special I need to do with the plugin to make sure it works?

Thanks again!
    Sarah

Correct Answer

Good evening Sarah,

I am glad to be of assistance.

Once we get that I will have our team to work to get the license under us. Is there anything special I need to do with the plugin to make sure it works?

You will simply need to enter your new license number under Events -> Settings -> Licenses.

While you are at it, you might want to give our new user primer a read, just to get you up to speed: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-the-events-calendar-and-events-calendar-pro/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team