Transfer existing events to Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Transfer existing events to Community Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi,

In spite of the fact that wootickets is not compatible with community events we decided to give community events a try anyway. Back-end solutions are too much of a hassle.

But before we start using Community Events we are wondering if we can transfer the existing events already in the calendar to the users events in Community Events.

Thanks in advance,
    Dirk

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk,

I can help answer this.

The Community Events and the Events in the Events Calendar are the same thing. In the backend there is no difference as they both use the same Custom Post Type.

If you want to transfer existing events to other users you would have to set them up at the Author of the Event, which can be done on the Event Edit Screen. Not all users can be added as an author and it depends on their WordPress Role.

Does that help?

Dirk
    Participant

It helps alot!
    We made some custom roles similar to the WordPress role ‘author’ but not completely the same. Could that work? Will custom roles show up in the Community Events settings?

The rest is a perfect answer and exactly what we hoped and assumed.

Thank you for the quick respons!

Brian
    Keymaster

We made some custom roles similar to the WordPress role β€˜author’ but not completely the same. Could that work?

In the backend I am not sure you would have to test that out, but if it is close to the Author Role it should. On the front end as long as the role is registered with WordPress correctly the Community Calendar will pick it up, it enables any user role of WordPress to create events from the front end form.

The only setting we have for specific roles in the Community Settings is whether to block them or not from access in the admin area.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks

Dirk
    Participant

Thank you very much. It’s clear! πŸ™‚
    So with this information I assume it’s not possible to block the custom role from the Community Events settings.
    That’s the last question I have about this. Feel free to close the thread. πŸ™‚

Brian
    Keymaster

I did a quick test with the Member’s Plugin and my custom role showed up under the “Roles to block” in the Community Settings so it looks like it should work as long as it is tied into WordPress correctly, which I would assume for a custom role to work at all.

Since the original question is answered and you said so πŸ™‚

I am going to close this ticket, but if you have any more questions or something new please create a new ticket and we can help out.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Moved this to Community Events as it is more relevant to that add on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Transfer existing events to Community Events’ is closed to new replies.