tranlation issues

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus tranlation issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zsuzsanna
    Participant

hello!

I have a couple of translation issues.
    I am using Events calendar, event tickets nd event ticket plus
    and there are a couple of threads that I cannot find in loco translate, but still show up on the website.
    please help.
    i have attached the strings on images as well:
    All (events) – when you navigate back from a certain event
    Buy now (button)

available (number of tickets)

add to cart (button)

tickets left

view your (tickets)
    You have 4 db jegy for this Esemény.

Zsuzsanna
    Participant

Also, when I click on view your tickets
    a My tickets and attendee list comes up ([EVENTNAME]/tickets) which also need to be translated, the whole page.
    But I cannot find any string to translate from this page…..

please help!

Zsuzsanna
    Participant

also, I do not know where to translate the emails where the event tckets are sent out.
    PLese help me with that as well.

Tank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Szia Zsuzsanna és üdv a fórumban! 😉

I will keep this in English so others can benefit as well.

Before going into the translations do the following 2 things. This is to make sure that 1) the translations don’t get lost with a plugin update, and 2) you have all the strings in the files.

1) Copying the translations to a safe location:

1. Go to Loco Translate and open the plugin you want to translate.
    2. Hover over your chosen language (Hungarian), and then click on copy. (screenshot)
    3. This will take you to a new screen. Set it up like on this screenshot and click on the blue button.

After this whenever you want to translate more, then choose the language that says “Other” in the Folder column. (screenshot)

I recommend you do this for all plugins that you translate.

2) Update your string set:

Once you open up the language to translate, click on the ‘Sync’ button. And when the success message appears on the top (as indicated on this screenshot) click on Save.

Now you have an updated file and you can continue translating.

“All events” you will find as “All %s”. %s will be then replaced with the plural version of Event / Events, so it will be “Események”.
    I recommend translating the string to “Összes esemény” rather than “Összes %s”, so it sounds better in Hungarian. (screenshot)

“Buy now!” you will find in Event Tickets after a sync.

“Add to cart” is in Event Tickets Plus after a sync.

“View your tickets” you will find as “View your %s” in Event Tickets.

“You have 4 Tickets for this Esemény” is in Event Tickets like this: “You have %s for this %s.”
    (This might be a bit tricky to translate as “4db jegy” is set. Maybe you can try “%sed van erre az %sre.”)

“view your tickets” page: you will likely find these strings in Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus after a sync.

Email: likely most strings are in the Event Tickets Plus translation file. If you would like to create a totally new email with more text, then you can do that with creating a template override for the email file.

Here you can read more about overriding a template: Themer’s Guide

You will need to create an override for this file:
    wp-content\plugins\event-tickets\src\views\tickets\email.php

If you can give me more details on what you would like to do, then I might be able to help you further.

A tip on finding strings: lot of times “ticket” and “event” is replaced by %s in the original strings. So the best was to look for the strings is looking for part of the string that doesn’t contain these words. For example instead of “view your tickets” look only for “view your”.

Let me know if you have more questions or if you don’t find anything.

If you need any explanation in Hungarian, then tell me. 🙂

Üdv,
    András

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Zsuzsanna
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for the guide.
    I will send the Hungarin translations whenever we are ready with it.

According to Loco’s own guide, I would rather save the copy into Locos
    folder.
    What is your opinion?
    https://localise.biz/wordpress/plugin/manual/msginit

I will look into the templates as well, if I have questions I will come
    back.

Thanks.

Zsuzsa

Andras
    Keymaster

I have always used the wp-content/languages (System) folder and never ran into any issues.

The “Custom” wp-content/languages/loco/ is just as good. You can absolutely use that, no need to move the files.

I will leave the topic open for now so you can come back with your questions.

Note though, if there is no movement in the topic for 3 weeks, then it will be closed automatically. If this happens, then open a new topic and reference this one.

Üdv,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘tranlation issues’ is closed to new replies.