Track outbound links

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Track outbound links

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carolina

Hi there!

I have been using your plugin “The events calendar” for so long (3-4 years!) for my clients (we are a web design agency located in Barcelona). Both free & pro versions. But I haven’t used it in a while and I don’t know if the latest version of the premium version allows to add the code on the event webpage field [onclick=”trackOutboundLink(‘http://www.example.com’)] that tracks the outbound clicks in Google Analytics.
    I am working on a project for a client that wants to have referral incomes from ticket sales (which would be sold by the official events website). The reason for this, is that they want to know how many clicks they will be providing to that external websites.

Is it possible to do that with your plugin? Maybe it is not necessary to do that tracking with Google Analytics and you have a better integrated solution, that would be fine too!

Best regards,
    Carolina

Courtney

Hi Carolina

We do not have integration to measure outbound links like that. However, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager can achieve this for you I believe. https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/ may be a good place to start. I believe you can set up a click trigger that will measure what you’re after.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Carolina

Thanks Courtney!

Surely, I will take a look at the Google Tag Manager!
    However, since yesterday I’ve been doing some research. I found a plugin called “MonsterInsights” that seems capable to track all outbound links in a WordPress website. And this is fine for my project. I am telling you this for those that are looking for the same and do not have the knowledge for setting Google Tag Manager properly.

Best regards,
    Carolina

Courtney

Hey Carolina

MonsterInsights can definitely do a lot of tracking. Happy you’ve got a working solution.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Track outbound links’ is closed to new replies.