Tooltips not working on new install

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Tooltips not working on new install

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hound
    Participant

Hello. I’ve just installed Event Calendar Pro, and the tooltip hover is not appearing. I have tried deactivating all other plugins with no luck. If I activate the Twenty Twelve theme, it does display. But this is odd, because the theme I am using, “Gameplan,” specifically promotes Events Calendar Pro, and features it on its demo. So I’m stumped.
    I’d appreciate any help you can offer.
    Many thanks,
    Katie

Casey
    Participant

Katie,
    Thanks for reaching out! Could you send me a link to your calendar, so I can investigate further? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

hound
    Participant

Sure, here it is:
    http://www.ironwolftraining.com/classschedule/

Also, is there a way to make the horizontal portion of the default weekly view start earlier (higher up) than 8am? Our classes start at 7:30a, so the title gets cut off in this default, and you have to scroll up to see it.
    Thanks again for your help!
    -Katie

Casey
    Participant

Katie,
    I’m seeing some javascript errors on your site (screenshot). It appears that the developer of this theme has done some pretty in-depth template overrides to customize the appearance of the calendar, which are causing the issues. I would suggest reaching out to the developer of your theme, and letting them know that they need to update the template overrides in order to be compatible with the latest version of the plugin.

Regarding your second question:

Also, is there a way to make the horizontal portion of the default weekly view start earlier (higher up) than 8am? Our classes start at 7:30a, so the title gets cut off in this default, and you have to scroll up to see it.

Unfortunately that’s not possible in the current version of the plugin. However, if this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

hound
    Participant

OK, I’ll follow up with the theme developer. In the meantime, is it possible to get access to an earlier version of the plugin?
    Yes, I’ll submit that request to the User Voice Page. And, in the meantime, is it possible to have the event title sit at the bottom of the event box (rather than the top) so the current default view would catch the title for my earlier classless?

Thank you again for your speedy replies,
    Katie

Casey
    Participant

Katie,
    It’s definitely not recommended to downgrade to previous versions, but you should have access to earlier versions of the PRO plugin on your Downloads Page and for Core on the Developers section of the plugin page. Keep in mind that we cannot offer you support if you run into issues using previous versions of the plugin, since it’s likely that any issues you might experience have been fixed in later versions of the plugin.

is it possible to have the event title sit at the bottom of the event box (rather than the top) so the current default view would catch the title for my earlier classless?

Something like this might be possible with some CSS, but unfortunately we cannot offer support for specific customization requests like this. However, to point you in the right direction, you might try doing something like this on that element in your CSS:

display:table-cell;
    vertical-align:bottom;

Hope that helps get you started! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

hound
    Participant

Hello. I’m still not able to get working tooltips. I did contact the developers of the Gameplan theme (Cactus Themes) and they put out an upgrade which supposedly fixed the problem. But now that I’ve upgraded to 3.6 of the Event Calendar Pro, the tooltips on the week view are still not working, and this time when I default to 2012 theme, they still do not work. Cactus Themes now says the problem is with Events Calendar Pro. Could you provide some assistance?

Casey
    Participant

Katie,
    sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. This is a known issue with the minified javascript files in version 3.6 of the plugin, and we’re currently working on putting out a fix. In the mean time, you should be able to workaround it by adding the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

This should force the plugin to use the un-minified files and restore your tooltips in week view. Give that a try and let me know if it resolves the issue. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

hound
    Participant

Yay! Thank you, that worked!

Just to clarify, when you release the fix, I should remove “define(‘SCRIPT_DEBUG’, true);” from the wp-config.php file?

Casey
    Participant

Katie,
    Yes, after we roll out the fix, you should be able to turn off SCRIPT_DEBUG. Since it looks like you’re all set here, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Tooltips not working on new install’ is closed to new replies.