Toggle buttons between grid/list on the frontend not showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Toggle buttons between grid/list on the frontend not showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rrobinlive
    Participant

Just as the title says, I’m not able to view the toggle buttons in the front end. Also, the listview does not show at all. Please help.
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3
    The Events Calendar 2.0.9
    Thank you in advance.

Leah

Hi rrobinlive,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you send me the link to the calendar on your site so I can see the disappearing toggle buttons? Also, when you say the listview doesn’t show- do you get an error, or does the page just show blank, or is it something else? If you can get me a bit more info I’ll do my best to help.

Thanks,
    Leah

rrobinlive
    Participant

Hi Leah,

Thank you for your fast response. I got your other response too about closing the other duplicate ticket.

Ok, here’s the link to the events page: http://advancedpetsitting.com.au/events

Here’s a link to the listview, it just shows blank: http://advancedpetsitting.com.au/events/upcoming

Thanks again for your speedy response.

Leah

How strange! I can see the toggle buttons in the code but for some reason they’re not coming through. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a theme conflict. Do you have a test environment where you could test this on the default Twenty Eleven theme? That would help us rule that out.

Either way, I’m going to need to have someone with a little more experience take a look at this. Support closes up for the weekend, but I’ll make sure we get back to this on Monday. Thanks for your patience!

~Leah

rrobinlive
    Participant

Yes, I checked the code too and it showed but for some reason it doesn’t actually show on the front end. Ruled out turning off all the plugins and tested with a different theme before posting for help. I’ll do the testing on twenty eleven theme sometime this weekend and talk to you Monday. Thanks for your help.

Leah

Hey rrobinlive,

Did you have time to check it out on Twenty Eleven?

~Leah

rrobinlive
    Participant

Hi Leah,
    Yes I did and it works just fine. Meaning it’s a theme conflict. Does your support help with this or I’m on my own now?

Thanks,

Tim

Leah

Hey Tim,

We generally recommend that you get in touch with the theme developer to see if they can shed some light on the issue(s). We try to go by WordPress best practices and make our plugins as compatible as possible so they’ll work with a number of themes. That being said, if the theme dev takes a look and genuinely thinks the problem is on our end, we’d like to know so we can improve our own products.

Why don’t you try to reach the dev, and let us know how that goes? Hopefully they’ll be able to clear everything up and get that code rendering properly again.

Cheers,
    Leah

rrobinlive
    Participant

Ok, thank you Leah.

Leah

Thank you! I’ll leave the thread open so you can stay in touch.

Andy Fragen

It’s your theme. In http://advancedpetsitting.com.au/wp-content/themes/Adora/css/standard.css on line 30 the following is listed.

.clearboth, .clearfix {clear:both;display:block;overflow:hidden;visibility:hidden;width:0;height:0;}

This div has a class .clearfix, as such it is now hidden.

Leah

Thanks Andy! Tim, hopefully that will help you bring the toggle buttons back to the light without having to change your theme?

Andy Fragen

You should be able to override this by putting the following into an events.css file in `/wp-content/themes/Adora/events/events.css`. You will need to create the `events` directory. You should then look to my The Events Calendar User CSS plugin to simplify activation of this events.css file.

Try adding the following line to an events.css file.

.clearboth, .clearfix {clear:both;display:block;overflow:visible;visibility:visible;width:auto;height:auto;}

Leah

Thanks again Andy. Any luck Tim?

rrobinlive
    Participant

Thanks a lot Andy and Leah, yes I was able to fix it! Your support is AMAZING!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Toggle buttons between grid/list on the frontend not showing’ is closed to new replies.