Timezone Problem?

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Timezone Problem?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nes49
    Participant

I’m trying to connect to a test EventBrite account and can’t seem to get EventBrite and WordPress to agree on the time.

WordPress is set for New York time.

The WordPress event shows as – 4-5 pm (no timezone indicator)
    The linked EventBrite event shows as “12 – 1 pm (EDT)”
    I can’t see where to change the EventBrite timezone. My server is on PT, but, again, the WordPress time is ET.

I’ve had a similar problem creating the event in EventBrite and importing, but will have to recreate that more carefully to get details.

The EventBrite link is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/test-wordpress-event-tickets-17003660406 and since our users are accustomed to using the EventBrite interface, I’d like them to agree.

Barry

Hi nes49,

Currently when events are imported they are converted to “local time”, and the difference in time you are seeing suggests this is what is happening in your case.

The reason for this is that if your site is running in PST, and an event taking place at 1pm EDT is imported as taking place at 1pm PST, for example, then it will disappear from upcoming event lists a number of hours before it should.

However, we’re aware this is not ideal for everyone and we will make timezone conversion optional in an upcoming release.

My server is on PT, but, again, the WordPress time is ET.

That’s puzzling since our plugin ought to be respecting the WordPress timezone setting: can you confirm what that is set to in your case (ie, what the setting literally reads as)?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Timezone Problem?’ is closed to new replies.