Timezone changing in wordpress

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Timezone changing in wordpress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Teresa Shaver
    Participant

Hello I have had this happen a number of times. We are on GMT -5.00 the event has the correct time in Eventbrite but when I import the event to wordpress through your plug in. The time and everything is correct, I update the event on wordpress and then it magically changes the time zone of the events by about 4 or 5 hours. This causes a huge problem for us and our clients who are having to call in and ask if we are holding an event at 5am in the morning or 11pm at night.

Barry

Hi Teresa,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

Handling of timezones has been revised quite a bit recently and I’d love to build a better picture of this problem:

• What version of Eventbrite Tickets are you using?
    • When the event is created (originally) on Eventbrite, what timezone is it set to?
    • If the timezone is something other that your local WP timezone setting, do you find it is being adjusted appropriately upon being imported? Or is it identical to your local (WP) timezone?
    • If you could outline a real life example, and provide a link to the event in question (both on Eventbrite and on your WP site) that would be awesome – and you can use our private reply facility to do this if you prefer

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! Just checking in to see how you are getting on 🙂

prydonian
    Participant

I’ve been having issues with the plugin changing the event times on Eventbrite. I contacted their support team and got this response:

I spoke with a member of our API team, and I have a minor update!

This looks to be an issue with the Modern Tribe plug-in that you are using. For some reason it’s making an event_update call and changing the event time. I and our API team are investigating on our end, but you can also reach out to Modern Tribe as they built the application and may have a better angle from which to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps! I will keep the updates coming as we have them and I appreciate your patience.

I originally sent them this query:

We’ve been having a recurring problems with our events adding one hour to the planned times of events over the last two months. e.g. :- an event planned to start at 17:30 will change to start at 18:30, etc. It seems to add an hour to all the previously planned events and we’re not sure what’s causing it.

Barry

Hi prydonian,

We’re happy to help but please create a new topic of your own rather than jumping into someone else’s – simply because it does often turn out that a particular problem is subtly different in different cases … and helping two people through different stages of the troubleshooting process can add a lot of confusion.

If you’d like to create a new topic though that would be great (and, in this case, if you could summarize your position with respect to the same questions I asked Teresa that would be appreciated):

• What version of Eventbrite Tickets are you using?
    • When the event is created (originally) on Eventbrite, what timezone is it set to?
    • If the timezone is something other that your local WP timezone setting, do you find it is being adjusted appropriately upon being imported? Or is it identical to your local (WP) timezone?
    • If you could outline a real life example, and provide a link to the event in question (both on Eventbrite and on your WP site) that would be awesome – and you can use our private reply facility to do this if you prefer

Thanks!

@teresashaver
    : how are you getting on here?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Timezone changing in wordpress’ is closed to new replies.