Times for events start with the latest first, beginning of the day at the bottom

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Times for events start with the latest first, beginning of the day at the bottom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lblnra
    Participant

What happened? My events are shown now starting with the ones latest in the evening at the top of the list view. An 8:45pm program shows up at the top of the page while a 10am program is at the bottom. I can’t find anywhere to change it. It was fine a few days ago. Help please?

Casey D

Hello lblnra,

Thanks for contacting us, sorry for the frustration!

I believe this is a bug in our code. I have recreated it on my local instance and will be sending in a ticket for developer review.

In the mean time, I will see if I can find a work around.

In the WP-Admin, at the bottom of the Events > Settings > Help tab, there will be a ‘systems settings’ box. Can you copy that and paste it into a private reply?

– Casey Driscoll

lblnra
    Participant

This reply is private.

vancouverfamily
    Participant

I’m having the same problem as above…help!

Casey D

Thanks for your patience both of you!

We discovered that this is a bug and we have a temporary work around.

http://pastie.org/9265014

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

vancouverfamily
    Participant

I’m not a developer, ah! Can you walk me through where I need to add this code?

lblnra
    Participant

I’m not a developer either…learning as I go. Where would I put this code? And when you send out a permanent fix will it automatically be taken out or will I have to go in and remember where I put it to take it out? Sorry for the silly question. Also, I noticed that when I click on “see all events” in a day in the month view, the times are backwards. But, if I click on a new date (up by the search-date, location, venue…) once I am in the day view, the times are correct. Not sure if that would help with a real fix but I thought I’d share. Thanks for your time and help!

Casey D

You can add that code right at the top of your theme’s functions.php file. Make sure it is in the main <?php tag, but not in a comment.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense, and I can be more explicit.

When the permanent fix is released, there will be an overlap but it shouldn’t really matter. You could delete this code when the new one is released and I will update this thread at that time.

I haven’t seen the ‘time’ problem yet, can you see if the code I’ve given fixes it? If not, could you start a new thread? We like to keep each thread to one topic each for simplicity of communication.

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

lblnra
    Participant

Thank you for your time and patience, Casey! I can’t tell you what it means to feel like I’m talking to someone who gives a darn. This is new territory for me so I’m learning as I go. The code you provided fixed the issue. I appreciate your willingness to help us in these forums. It shows your company really cares about the product you produce. It’s an excellent calendar with excellent support. Thank you Casey and thank you Modern Tribe!!

Casey D

Hello lblnra,

That’s a heck of reply!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Times for events start with the latest first, beginning of the day at the bottom’ is closed to new replies.