timeout when saving recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO timeout when saving recurring events

• This topic has 25 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Casey
    Participant

Karen,
    Did you try disabling all other plugins? I’m noticing a lot of caching/minification plugins on your site, and wondering if a plugin conflict might be the culprit here. Have you tried cloning your existing site and creating a DEV environment where you can more easily test issues like this?

We ask our users to deactivate all other plugins in order to try to start with a baseline for testing, in order to rule out all other conflicts as part of our troubleshooting process. Please try deactivating all other plugins/caching and see if that has any effect.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

karen
    Participant

yes, Casey. I have a DEV environment. I am sure I tested on the dev environment but it was a while ago. I will let you know when I get a chance to run it through again. thanks

Casey
    Participant

Karen,
    Thanks for the update! I’ll keep this thread open in the mean time.

Rash
    Participant

Same issue here. I increased my memory limit and set recurring events to 12 months and got it to go through.

Although my events are not showing on the calendar. Any ideas?

Casey
    Participant

Rash,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

Karen,
    Any updates here?

karen
    Participant

I will disable all my plugins on the test site this weekend. I cannot, however, disable APC OPCODE caching as it is server side.

Casey
    Participant

I will disable all my plugins on the test site this weekend. I cannot, however, disable APC OPCODE caching as it is server side.

Ok, just report back here with your findings, and I’ll investigate further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Karen,
    Just wanted to follow up and see if you still need help here. Have you been able to test for conflicts yet?

karen
    Participant

I have tested for conflicts and see that Barry had another poster who was a DEV and identified this issue. I have come to the point where when I have long running recurring events and the events stop being listed, I just break out the future ones and resave them. This is pretty clunky. Perhaps it will get fixed someday.
    Happy New Year.

karen
    Participant
    Rob

I see this thread has been inactive for a while. If folks are still having problems, please open them as new threads and our current support techs will do their best to get you sorted. Thank you all!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘timeout when saving recurring events’ is closed to new replies.