Time Zone incorrect

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Time Zone incorrect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

I just posted over here after searching for Time Zone, but then noticed I was in the wrong forum. Mea culpa.

Here’s what I said:
    Actually, I was just having an issue with Time Zones.

When I create an event in Eventbrite since the update, it always sets my times to MT even though my blog is set up in PT. I can change it manually in EB, but as soon as I make an edit on the blog event page, the time zone in EB is reset to Mountain.

This is obviously a big problem. Will there be a bug fix?

I know this wasn’t an issue in the previous release — all my older events show the correct time zone. Can you tell me when we might get a bug fix?

Barry

Hi Kelly.

This isn’t a problem I’ve been aware of. If you give me a moment I will see if I can replicate it and we’ll take things from there.

In the meantime, can you confirm what timezone WordPress is set to (I’m not ignoring the information in your first post – I just want to clarify if it is configured as “UTC+X” or “America/City” – you can check this if you navigate to the General Settings page).

Thanks 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

It’s set to “Los Angeles”.

Thanks, Barry.

Barry

Hi Kelly.

I’m not sure why America/Los Angeles results in Eventbrite defaulting to Mountain Time. The same is true if you use America/Vancouver, conversely some other timezones expressed in the same format do work as expected – such as Africa/Banjul.

What I’d suggest is switching to UTC-8 for the time being as that is correctly interpreted as PDT.

I’m unsure if this is a fault of our Eventbrite plugin, WordPress or Eventbrite itself – however I will log this for our developers to investigate.

Thanks for your patience and support,

Barry

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, Barry. Please let me know what you find.

Barry

Hi again Kelly. Just a note to confirm this has been logged as an issue at our end and hopefully we’ll be able to figure out where the problem lies sometime soon.

Kelly
    Participant

You know Barry, this wouldn’t be so infuriating if there were some way to tell the plugin to stop synching with Eventbrite. You really need to have a switch to allow the user to select the behavior.

Barry

Sure – I’ve added a note of this idea on our issue tracker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Time Zone incorrect’ is closed to new replies.