Time error in Community Events Submission Form and how to add category

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Time error in Community Events Submission Form and how to add category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hi there,

We have just added the ‘Submit and Event’ feature to our site however when people are submitting events for some reason the times are always – start time 12am and end time 12am. I’m sure this must be happening after they submit the event as the time field shows up in the form and if they hadn’t selected any times it would automatically be the default of 8am-5pm any ideas why this might be happening?
    I tried adding an event myself and when I leave the time fields as they are it says 8am – 5pm!

Also how do I add ‘Event Category’ to the form?

Many thanks,
    Kelly.

Barry

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Just to confirm, you can’t replicate this problem with the start/end times being stuck at 12am either?

Ben
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I have just tried adding a test event where I put the times 12pm – 5pm in and when I have received the event in my inbox as I would any other to check it it says 12am-12am so it’s happening after submission.
    Thanks,
    Kelly.

Barry

OK. I just sent a test submission (just to check if the data was modified before submission by Javascript, though that does not seem to be the case) and specified 4am-10am, can you let me know what the times show up as on your side?

Thanks!

Ben
    Participant

Hi Barry,

No it didn’t work it still says 12am-12am on the event you submitted!

Thanks.

Barry

OK, so it doesn’t look like something I can replicate locally and there don’t seem to be any client-side issues that might be impacting. With that in mind, can we try our regular troubleshooting steps of deactivating all other plugins (bar The Events Calendar and Community Events) and reverting to a default, unmodified theme – then check if the problem still occurs?

If that’s not desirable on your live site, creating a new WP installation in a subdirectory could be an option (start with just our plugins then build up from there, testing at each stage).

Is that a possibility here?

Ben
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Ok we will try this and see what happens.
    Thanks.

Barry

Excellent, keep us posted!

Barry

It’s been a while here so I’m guessing you got to the bottom of this or else found a suitable workaround. For that reason I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed.

Thanks again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Time error in Community Events Submission Form and how to add category’ is closed to new replies.