Tickets on Top Of Description / Shortcode Calendar / Bi-Lingual Events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets on Top Of Description / Shortcode Calendar / Bi-Lingual Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Dear Support,

Apologies but we are just setting up the entire platform and I am a bit stuck here. I found a previous discussions around the topics below, however some are a bit aged, some I cannot find back anymore.

1. I have a problem with the position of the tickets on my course / event page. As you can see on the link (http://academy.welify.com/course/nsi-foundation-polish-pro-course/), the tickets are now positioned on the left site with the Venue / Organizer details. How can I get the tickets on top of the description, right under the course / event title? As you also can see the tickets are not fully shown in that area, which is a major issue + they will be more visible and convert in more sales above the description.

2. I’ve seen a previous discussion around this, however that one was quite aged. So is there a way we can use a shortcode already to implement the calendar in a page, rather than the need to dedicate one full page to the calendar only?

3. So I’ve found a solution for the WooCommerce translation in two languages, by still using the WPML plugin. Is there a solution already for the events? Or do I need to keep them in the main language? If yes, how does it work in a bi-lingual site?

4. Then finally, is there a way I can link a product or a product bundle to an event? For example buy xx product / bundle and get the course / event for free? Also I’ve noticed I had a page called “ticket”. Why is this page here? (http://academy.welify.com/product-category/ticket/)

Thanks a lot in advance for you support! I look forward launching this platform this week after successfully working away these above concerns.

Cheers!

K

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kevin,

It’s nice to meet you. Thanks for being specific and clear with your questions!

1. I have a problem with the position of the tickets on my course / event page. As you can see on the link (http://academy.welify.com/course/nsi-foundation-polish-pro-course/), the tickets are now positioned on the left site with the Venue / Organizer details. How can I get the tickets on top of the description, right under the course / event title? As you also can see the tickets are not fully shown in that area, which is a major issue + they will be more visible and convert in more sales above the description.

We have an awesome tutorial for moving the WooCommerce ticket frame around the easy way. If you copy/pasted the “MOVE BELOW THE EVENT DESCRIPTION”, or perhaps the “MOVE ABOVE THE EVENT DESCRIPTION” one, does that put it where you need.

If not, have you seen our Themer’s Guide yet? It will walk you through modifying our templates, which are what output the HTML in those pages. Using a theme override as prescribed in that guide, you could modify the single-event.php. This part will require some knowledge on how WP Hooks and Filters work. But, instead of one of the snippets above, you modify them to remove_action, then instead of doing add_action simply call that function wheerever you want it output within the template.

2. I’ve seen a previous discussion around this, however that one was quite aged. So is there a way we can use a shortcode already to implement the calendar in a page, rather than the need to dedicate one full page to the calendar only?

Sadly there is not a feature like that. However, we are definitely keen to add it as soon as we can. It’s a surprisingly large feature though, and will require a lot more testing and development before it’s included in a public release.

3. So I’ve found a solution for the WooCommerce translation in two languages, by still using the WPML plugin. Is there a solution already for the events? Or do I need to keep them in the main language? If yes, how does it work in a bi-lingual site?

The answer to this is similar to the above. We are planning to integrate our plugin likely with WPML in the near future. In the mean time I have seen a few users hack there way into getting a somewhat working WPML and events setup. But, all of those folks had in depth knowledge of PHP, and were using very hack workarounds to get it working now.

4. Then finally, is there a way I can link a product or a product bundle to an event? For example buy xx product / bundle and get the course / event for free? Also I’ve noticed I had a page called “ticket”. Why is this page here?

That is an interesting idea. It reminds me of this feature request. Is that what you wanted? If so please vote it up. The more popular a request is the sooner we will build it. 🙂

Does that answer all of your questions? I wish more of those features were ready now. They have been on our wishlist for a while, but to the incredible amount of resources they take to build it just takes time to get them polished off and ready. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Cheers!
    – Brook

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Thanks for the previous replies… We found a way to work around almost everything now.

Just one more question, as our site was first build as an English version, and then translated into Thai, the slug of the calendar is always directing back to the English site/ menu. However Thailand is our main territory, so I would like it to direct to the Thai site when people are visiting the Thai version of the site. Have a look at academy.welify.com/th…

Also when scrolling over the calendar, is their a way to decrease the pop up description? Now it is quite long and messy sometimes…

Keep me updated about that shortcode please. I also am open to be a beta tester if needed.

Thanks!

Kevin

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kevin,

I definitely want to help here, I am just not sure I completely understand the problem. When I visit your calendar page, some of the items are in English. The URL is also in English. If you are just trying to change the bold part of the URL: http://academy.welify.com/courses/month/ then that is totally possible. Go to Wp admin > Events > Settings and look for the field “Events URL slug”. Is that what you need?

Also when scrolling over the calendar, is their a way to decrease the pop up description? Now it is quite long and messy sometimes…

When you say decrease the pop-up, do you mean add a delay to it so it doesn’t jump up immediately? Or, are you referring to changing the height of it?

Let me know. I’d love to help further. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without and update we are going to archive it. If anyone needs assistance with this, or a similar matter, please open a new topic. We would love to help.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets on Top Of Description / Shortcode Calendar / Bi-Lingual Events’ is closed to new replies.