tickets number in photo view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tickets number in photo view

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I was hoping you could help me to get some additional ticketing information into my ‘photo view’.

I really like the ‘List View’ , however my client has always preferred the Photo View, but in the Grid format I have created within my child theme (see link below).

http://webnprosper.staging.wpengine.com/events/category/all-courses/photo/

You will notice that by using

and adding it to the single-event.php in the child Pro/Photo folder I have the price published in each grid.

Here’s the ask ! I would also like to add to my new ‘Photo view’ the ‘number of tickets / or sold out’ information that is displayed in the ‘List View’ . I have to confess, that I have always been puzzled as to why the Pro Photo view does not present this information, but anyhoo … if you could advise on the function that I can add to my child/pro/photo/single-event.php to replicate this , I would be grateful.

p.s. I do not need the code to replicate the ‘buy now’ button.

Many thanks is advance

John

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Can you try the tribe_tickets_get_ticket_stock_message function and see if that gets you what you’re looking for? If not, I’d recommend taking a look through our functions list, which has several handy functions that you can use when customizing our plugins.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

John, I love what you did with your Photo view. Would you mind sharing your code on how you set this up? I would be so grateful. Also how did you change the view dropdown from “Photo” to “Grid”? Thank you so much! What you have done is beautiful.

John Paul
    Participant

Hi Anne Marie… thank you for your nice comments. I had planned to write a tutorial on how I did it. I will hopefully have it completed next week. I will let you know when it is ready.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi John,

That’s awesome that you’re writing a tutorial on this, I’m sure it will be helpful to many other users!

Did the tribe_tickets_get_ticket_stock_message function work out for you?

Mike
    Participant

I would be interested in this as well.

John Paul
    Participant

Hi, no that wasn’t the right function . This is what worked for me. in my ‘Photo’ child folder, which would be at,

child theme/tribe-events/pro/photo

I copied the plugins single-event.php from the plugins Photo folder into the child. I then constructed the following code

<span class="jp-tribe-events-cost"> </span>
         <h2 class="jp-tribe-events-from-list">

This nests in the section of the code.

I have added the whole file below so you can see the full picture. Bear in mind that this should also display the “Buy Now!” Button. If you want to get rid of that I used;

.tribe-events-list .tribe-button {
    display: none !important;
    }
    .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-photo-event .tribe-button {
    }

.tribe-events-event-cost .tribe-button {
    }

which looks rather overkill, but I was getting some wierd cross-browser issues with just the first two lines of code. I daresay the last one is the right one to use., but am waiting confirmation from another support ticket.

Another thing to bear in mind , is that my single.php mentioned above is quite an old version and I intend to replace it with the new version later this week, but I doubt it has changed much (if at all).

THE WHOLE FILE SINGLE.PHP

<a class="url" href="” title=”” rel=”bookmark”>

distance ) ) : ?>
    [distance ); ?>]

<a class="url" href="” title=”” rel=”bookmark”>

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by John Paul.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Leah.
    John Paul
    Participant
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I have got the issues resolved now and I have created a full tutorial on how I got the Photo View to Grid View and many other changes. Here is the link.

Events Calendar Pro, custom photo view

Please let me know how you got on and let me know if I can improve the tutorial to make it easier to understand.

Many thanks

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

Your tutorial is amazing John Paul. I can’t wait to follow it. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for your help. Can I donate a few cups of coffee for your time? Or tea?

John Paul
    Participant

thank you anne marie , i am just glad to help, hope it works out for you.

best

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for sharing this John! It’s always nice to see how users are customizing our plugins and sharing those customizations with the community 🙂

If there’s anything that you would like assistance with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘tickets number in photo view’ is closed to new replies.