Tickets not showing up as product in WooCommerce Order Details Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets not showing up as product in WooCommerce Order Details Page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    joffrey
    Participant

Tickets not showing up as product in WooCommerce Order Details Page
    \
    Hello
    I am trying to “edit” a customers order and switch the ticket they bought to another ticket, but I am unable to do so. All tickets are not showing up under WooCommerce Order Details page. Please see screenshot. I am thinking this has to do with the visibility of the tickets?Please advise how I can switch a customer’s order on the back as an admin.

And if there is a solution for our customers to do a switch themselves?

joffrey
    Participant

I found the issue, I had missed testing 1 plugin:
    Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer

I had to update to the latest version Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer 3.16.18 in order for the tickets to show up under Order Details page in WooCommerce back end.

joffrey
    Participant

In regards to the same area, how can we resend / regenerate the tickets once we switch the ticket product via WooCommerce back end? When I click Order Actions to resend tickets after adjusting the order, it sends the OLD info in the email.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Joffrey,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions!

I’m happy to hear you found a solution for the first part. Great job on that one!

how can we resend / regenerate the tickets once we switch the ticket product via WooCommerce back end?

I did some testing with this as this is not a typical scenario. Here’s the result.

When you edit an existing order and add new tickets or remove / refund tickets, then the ticket email will not be modified – as you have also experienced. Also, the tickets / attendees will not be added to the attendee list.

If you would like to mail a new ticket to a user, then you need to create a new WooCommerce order in the back-end. Note however, that also in this case the ticket will not show up in the attendee list.

If you would like the attendees to show up on the attendee list, then you will need to place an order on the front-end. This can be done in a hacky sort-of way. You can set up a coupon code to be able to get the tickets for free – just to get them into the system.

You can either make the purchase yourself and then change the order so you can add the proper recipient, then mail the tickets to them.

Or you can use a plugin like User Switching and place the order in the users name directly.

If you would like to move a user’s ticket from one event to the other, then you can do that on the attendees page. Just hover over the ticket you want to move and click on the ‘Move’ quick action that shows up.

This article might also provide some more useful information on moving tickets.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-tickets/

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

joffrey
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I will give the Moving Tickets option a try!

I actually dont mind that it doesn’t show up on attendees list as long as when I run an export order it will grab all my attendees that have purchased that ticket.

I am working with a developer to adda custom field that replaces the Ticket ID since my other thread wont allow me to create individual unique numbers, so maybe I can ask him to include this “switch/refund” into the workflow as well.

But in the mean time, I wil give me Moving Tickets option a try. I am hoping it sends out an email after the switch or I’m assuming if we resend it will grab new data?

joffrey
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Moving the ticket helped! I did a combination of

1. Moving the attendee to the new event/ticket

2. Adjusted the order details on WooCommerce to switch around the ticket and when I re-send tickets through Order Actions, it sent the new data which is great.

3.However the only thing I noticed was that the Ticket ID retained from the old ticket. Is this correct? I can change in phpmyadmin under post meta but it will be tough to teach my employees to go into to do that change every single time there’s a switch.

For item #3 I don’t think it’ll be a big issue since I am replacing it as I’ve mentioned previously but if there’s a solution right now please let me know 🙂

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Joffrey,

Happy to hear moving the tickets worked out!

Yeah, #3 is just about right, the ticket ID is retained and there is no quick’n’easy solution to change that, only through the database. When you do that be mindful that there might be references to that ticket id in other tables or other entries, like in wp_postmeta.

Andras

joffrey
    Participant

Hi Andras

We tried every solution and we reverted back to providing our customers a code versus us doing back end switching and moving as it involed too many steps and still din’t get the job done.

Any idea if moving/refunding/switching might be in the works, eventhough not a typical scenario? its very common for us, may not be for others!

But thank you for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Joffrey,

Any idea if moving/refunding/switching might be in the works, eventhough not a typical scenario? its very common for us, may not be for others!

The basics of this are already in place, you can move, refund, switch a ticket.

If you are referring to the automatic stock adjustment when tickets are being moved / refunded / switched, there is something in the works – cooking hot atm. If all goes according to plan it will be released this month.

In order to set your expectations right, what is the exact functionality you are looking for? I just want to make sure that you don’t expect something that is not coming.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not showing up as product in WooCommerce Order Details Page’ is closed to new replies.