Tickets/Info not hidden for password protected event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Tickets/Info not hidden for password protected event

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi – I password protected an event, but when the page loads (prior to entering password) the eventbrite ticket info comes up anyway. I really need this to be part of what is hidden until the password is entered.

In fact, I need for all of the event info to be hidden until a password is entered, but the Event, Venue, Address, Date, contact Email Address, etc all shows up.

Is there a way to suppress all of that until a password is entered?

Thanks,
    Michael

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I think you can solve this by simply adding a conditional wrapper to check whether or not the event post is password protected. You can do that by editing /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php – make a copy of this and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme. Then wrap all the code in the following:

Put this at the top of single.php:

if ( post_password_required() ) {
    $output = get_the_password_form();
    echo $output;
    } else {

..and this all the way at the bottom:

}

You’ll need to wrap that code in PHP tags so it executes properly too.

I’m not sure whether or not this should be built in to our templates and will create a ticket for the devs to take a look.

Let me know whether or not this helps.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets/Info not hidden for password protected event’ is closed to new replies.