tickets left on index page is incorrect

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus tickets left on index page is incorrect

• This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Laura.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

My client noticed that her ticket count isn’t correct on the main index page:

https://backdoorfurnishings.com/events/

The event for March 3 has 10 tickets available, and 4 have been sold – so that number should say 6 left (it says 7) The event for March 10 has 11 tickets available, 10 have been sold, so it should say 1 is left.

The count is correct on the individual event pages:

Kitchen Cabinet Workshop

https://backdoorfurnishings.com/event/transform-ordinary-extraordinary-paint-colored-waxes-2/

I thought it might be a caching thing, but I disabled everything and refreshed, still not working. We haven’t added any customizations to the plugin in functions.php

She’s also seeing 0% attendees in the admin events table, even for events that have sold tickets (see attached) – attendee count is correct if she clicks through, but it seems like it might be related to the other issues? Or something is wrong somewhere? It’s very confusing for her to see these incorrect numbers everywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m really sorry to hear about the ticket stock issues you are experiencing.

The first part – seeing more available on the list view – is likely a bug we have just discovered.

Are those events using shared capacity? Could you please share with me some screenshots on how those tickets are set up?

Please also open the ‘Settings’ in the ticket section and send me a screenshot of that.

Were there any cancelled / refunded tickets or deleted attendees?

As for the second issue – seeing all zeroes – that looks like something new. You say “attendee count is correct if she clicks through”. Is that when you go to the Attendee list on the back-end? Do you see everything all right on the Attendee list?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Laura
    Participant

The first part – seeing more available on the list view – is likely a bug we have just discovered. – ah okay!

Are those events using shared capacity? Could you please share with me some screenshots on how those tickets are set up? No shared capacity set for the events – screenshots attached!

As for the second issue – seeing all zeroes – that looks like something new. You say “attendee count is correct if she clicks through”. Is that when you go to the Attendee list on the back-end? Do you see everything all right on the Attendee list – yes – it’s when you look at the main events list in the back-end that everything just says 0%/0 attendees. If we click through to view attendees for a specific event, there is data and tickets sold (though not always adding up??)

I looked at things more closely to make sure we have all the data – the March 10 event is definitely not adding up.

March 3 event
    ON BACKEND
    – 6 tickets total
    – shows 4 available
    – Attendee listing shows 2 sold (no cancels or deletions)
    ON FRONTEND
    – index page: shows 7 left
    – individual event page: shows 4 left

March 10 event
    ON BACKEND
    – 10 tickets total
    – shows 1 available
    – Attendee listing shows 8 sold (7 deleted)
    ON FRONTEND
    – index page: shows 11 left
    – individual event page: shows 1 left

One thing I thought of – I have a plugin installed that helps the client copy events so she doesn’t have to re-enter things every time. Could that be causing issues with the data? The tickets don’t copy over (those need to be re-entered), just the photos & event description/locations, etc. The plugin we’re using is this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/

Thank you so much for your help so far in trying to figure this out!

Laura
    Participant

Here are the attendee listings for each event.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

This is indeed a bit confusing.

Since you are not using shared capacity for these tickets I would recommend setting the shared capacity of these to zero (0) to make sure that your index page is not affected by the glitch I mentioned earlier. Check if that changes anything.

On the ‘Duplicate Page’ plugin, I don’t know if that has an effect on ticket stock. I haven’t used that plugin before, especially in context with our plugins.

It would be quite easy to test if it has an effect.

1. Create an event with a ticket that has a stock of 10
    2. Duplicate the event. Create a ticket for it with a stock of 10 and check if it shows right.
    3. Sell a ticket from the first event.
    4. Duplicate the first event again. Create a ticket for it with a stock of 10 and check if it shows right.

If the stock of the duplicates show correct (10), then the duplication has no effect on the stock.

If the issues still persist, then please send me a full database export / database dump and I’ll check if I can find any clues to this mystery. If you don’t know how to do that or you don’t have a tool for it, you can try this plugin.

The database will likely be too big to be uploaded here. You can share it via a cloud service and post the url here in a private reply.

Cheers,
    Andras

Laura
    Participant

Since you are not using shared capacity for these tickets I would recommend setting the shared capacity of these to zero (0) to make sure that your index page is not affected by the glitch I mentioned earlier. Check if that changes anything. – I don’t think I have that option? It’s either set shared capacity, or set unlimited, or set the capacity for this ticket only.

I tested the duplication and everything seemed to work as expected on the new events. Maybe it’s a weird issue with the existing events?

I’ll share the DB link shortly!

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Laura
    Participant

ah ha! That shared capacity setting did fix the front-end/index page issue. Instead of listing 11, it says 1 left instead of 11.

The backend attendee data is still very much incorrect though. But that’s one issue fixed!

Andras
    Keymaster

That’s awesome news, Laura!

One down, one to go.

She’s also seeing 0% attendees in the admin events table….

Yes, that is kinda normal. Only those tickets will be counted there whose order is set to ‘complete’. If the order is ‘pending’ or any other state than ‘complete’, then it will not show up in those numbers.

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

I just did a bit more digging. Copying the events can cause some glitches. There is a data attached to every event, which keeps count of the total tickets sold. If you duplicate an event that already has sold tickets, this value will likely also be duplicated for the new one.

So if you sold already 4 tickets for the source event, then the duplicated event will start with this 4 despite not having any sales yet.

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

I took a look at your db dump – thanks for sharing – and I didn’t find anything else out of place.

Is there still anything you need help with?

A.

Laura
    Participant

I think we’ve settled on the duplication of events as the cause for the number mismatch. We’ll keep an eye on things going forward without doing that (creating a fresh event each time) and see if that helps. Thank you for your help on this!

Just a note – a built-in ability to duplicate events/tickets all in one go would be fantastic. I have another client who uses this plugin and would also love that feature! It would save a ton of time.

Andras
    Keymaster

Yup, I agree, that would be great! If you would like to see that as a feature then I recommend you to visit our uservoice page and submit the idea there or upvote an existing one. I think this is the one:

Also, there is another plugin specifically for TEC events. However this has the same issue as the one you are using.

I have contacted the plugin author if he can possibly fix that. We’ll see.

I will keep this topic open for now so you can report back with your findings later.

Note that the thread will be automatically closed in 3 weeks if there is no movement.

Cheers and good luck,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘tickets left on index page is incorrect’ is closed to new replies.