Tickets for Today's Event Not Displaying on Front End

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets for Today's Event Not Displaying on Front End

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Dirks
    Participant

Hello,

The Add to Cart tickets box has disappeared on the single event page for an event occurring tonight, and I can’t figure out why.

Here’s what I’ve done to troubleshoot:

• Switched to the Twenty Thirteen theme
    • Disabled all plugins, minus WooCommerce, WooTickets, and Events Calendar
    • Cleared browser cache
    • Cleared WP cache
    • Made sure inventory wasn’t out (there are still 20 tickets left for sale)
    • Made sure Start Sale and End Sale dates were correct (they are — sales stated Feb 18, & end today at 7:30 which is the time the event starts.)

Events that occur in the future seem to be unaffected. Is there a setting that I’m missing…

Here’s the broken page: http://82b.db6.myftpupload.com/calendar/over-the-back-fence-show/

Here’s a working page (for a future event): http://82b.db6.myftpupload.com/calendar/over-the-back-fence-show-2/

George
    Participant

Hey Nathan,

I’m really sorry you ran into this problem on the day of the event! And sorry about the timing of it too – over the weekend, when our support responses are a bit slow.

One thing I’m curious about here, before potential conflicts, is simply if your tickets for this event happened to have an “End Sale” date & time that has passed? Here’s where you can see this in the admin for an event → https://cloudup.com/ccc2_8Up_wS

It may have been set automatically while you were creating the tickets, leaving “End Sale” feature to kick in right on the morning of the event – this feature indeed removes any “Add to Cart” functionality for tickets, so it might be the culprit here.

Let us know what you find!

George

Nathan Dirks
    Participant

Yeah, I checked that already and noted that in the first post — End Sale was set to the start time of the event.

George
    Participant

Ooph, sorry I missed that detail Nathan! Damn. I will blame missing that on a lack of coffee yesterday 🙂

This leaves a few possible culprits for the issue here – for example, maybe your WordPress site’s default timezone is a few hours behind what you think, so “7:30” is actually earlier to the site (and, therefore, to our plugin looking for the “End Sale” time) than you expect. Or there is a plugin or theme conflict where your setting for the timezone is correct, but that troublesome plugin or theme is messing with the timezone or dates somehow.

Or there could be some other sort of conflict with a plugin or theme.

So if you head to Settings > General in your admin, what are your timezone settings? If they’re correct to your locale, and not causing an issue here, would you be able to run through the same steps above where you switch to a default theme and deactivate all non-involved plugins here, then try to create a new test event with tickets that have an “End Sale” time and see if you can recreate this issue at all?

Apologies for missing your not about the End Sale time Nathan, and for the back-and-forth here – your patience is appreciated.

Let us know what you think here and what you find if you run through the steps I recommended above.

Thanks!
    George

Nathan Dirks
    Participant

The default time zone — of course! That makes total sense.

My install was set to UTC+0, which is 5 hrs ahead of me. I bet that solves it.

Thanks for the help!

George
    Participant

Nice! Sorry I forgot to think of that earlier on!

I’ll close up this ticket for now, but if other issues or questions arise, come back and open a new ticket at any time!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for Today's Event Not Displaying on Front End’ is closed to new replies.