Tickets for Recurring Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Tickets for Recurring Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jamie

Hello,
    I just wanted to clarify a note from your site. You point out that Event Tickets will not support RSVP for recurring events. It seems that this is for sure different than support for selling tickets at recurring events?

In particular for a theater. If they have a show every Saturday at 10pm, I’ll be able to set up tickets for each show in a batch process. I won’t have to create a ticket for each individual show, correct?

I ask because while I do see that there is plenty of documentation on creating tickets, there doesn’t seem to be anything specific to creating tickets for sale on repeating events neither with Digital Downloads nor with WooCommerce. Perhaps I’m missing it.

While I do have faith that your plugins could very well just be so well made that it will be self evident once I get Event Tickets Plus and begin working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Love your plugins and your Mothership company & blog.

-Jamie

Cliff

Hi, Jamie.

If you start to create a ticket for a recurring event, there will be a little question mark notice that reads:

Currently, tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

You should add your vote to this existing feature request for Event Tickets to support PRO’s recurring events.

Something some users are doing right now is using PRO’s recurring events to populate their events calendar but then breaking each occurrence from the series to turn them into single events — basically using PRO as an event generator but not actually using its recurring events functionality on the front-end. Others are just dealing with the tickets on recurring events even though you can’t then tell which occurrence they reserved the ticket for… use this information for your own reference but please don’t take it as any sort of recommendation.

===

To your question of reusing created tickets, this isn’t currently possible. For example, if you have a play that has 2 performances per day with 4 ticket types per performance for 3 days in a row, you’d have to re-create the tickets for each performance: 2 x 4 x 3 = 24 times — even though they would appear to be the same on the front-end to your purchasers.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3825421-reusable-ticket-defaults-profiles-as-per-venues-a

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.