Tickets for "Pay at the Door" customers not appearing on attendee list

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets for "Pay at the Door" customers not appearing on attendee list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    velveeta42
    Participant

I’m selling tickets for an event where users can pay at the door. Once the ticket order is received, I’m marking them as “on hold.” However, only “completed” orders show up in the attendees list.

I need a way to show “on hold” tickets in the attendee list, as well as show the total dollar amount that is still owed so we can collect at the door.

My event is in one week, so I’m a bit panicked about making sure this happens. Thank you very much!

Barry

Hi – that’s an interesting situation.

The current design is such that attendees are only listed once tickets have been generated (so, ordinarily, that ties in with when an order is completed).

I’m not sure I can assist with the current dollar amount – though do feel free to post a feature request if you feel that may be useful to others – but to work around the first issue it might be you can complete the orders (thus generating tickets and populating the attendee list) then move the order status back to on hold.

Would that work here?

velveeta42
    Participant

Thanks very much for your prompt reply!

I just tested your solution and yes, the on-hold status will show up on the attendee list if I first mark as completed, generate ticket, then change to on-hold. And interestingly, why show the order status in the attendee list if it will only ever show completed orders?

However the issue here is that I’ve also just sent tickets to someone (me, in my test case) who hasn’t paid. That’s not really a workable solution either.

I’m curious why the “on-hold” status was created if not to accommodate a “pay at hte door/reserve a seat” scenario? And how it could be useful if they don’t show up on the list so we know they have to pay at the door?

Barry

Hi!

And interestingly, why show the order status in the attendee list if it will only ever show completed orders?

It doesn’t only show tickets held in completed orders: what we’re really listing are issued tickets.

You might after all complete an order, resulting in tickets being issued, but then cancel or refund the order. There’s no way to claw back the tickets that have been emailed out and a cancellation (or refund) doesn’t always mean the ticket is void – so we provide the order status column to provide extra information to help vendors and their staff make informed decisions when checking in attendees.

However the issue here is that I’ve also just sent tickets to someone (me, in my test case) who hasn’t paid. That’s not really a workable solution either.

Hmm, well I understand your situation, certainly, but I’m not sure there is an easy answer.

If they haven’t paid and you don’t know for a fact that they are going to attend and hand over the money, should they really be added to the attendee list? I do realize that broadly meets the sort of workflow you’re aiming for, so I mean that as more of a general question – since with this solution we’re striving to meet everyone’s needs as best we can.

With that in mind, we’d welcome any feature requests you might post along these lines and that would also have the added benefit of letting other users comment upon and up-vote your idea.

I’m curious why the “on-hold” status was created if not to accommodate a “pay at hte door/reserve a seat” scenario? And how it could be useful if they don’t show up on the list so we know they have to pay at the door?

WooCommerce is a general purpose e-commerce engine and WooCommerce Tickets simply rests on its shoulders 🙂

There are a range of possible order states but none are added or implemented by WooCommerce Tickets itself. “On hold” for instance could be useful where there is a need to take an order out of the normal flow, perhaps because there is a dispute or suspicion of fraud, or some other reason – a lot depends on individual use cases.

Does that clarify things at all?

velveeta42
    Participant

Thank you, that does help to know that some of this is driven by WooCommerce itself, and not by your plugin.

I guess it’s the notion of a “reservation” list, which I’ve seen others mention as problems or features as well. The idea of getting a head count or reserving a seat/ticket for someone who wants to pay at the door. So I need to know when they arrive that they reserved a seat so I don’t sell it to someone else.

I guess for now I’ll have to create a manual list of these people from the order summary page (or purchase confirmation emails). But it’s disappointing because one of the main reasons I bought this plugin was to eliminate the need to create my own spreadsheets.

For this event, the buyers don’t need the physical tickets – we are handling everything via the checkin. Is there a way to disable the email going out with the tickets?

Again, I appreciate your prompt response!

Barry

Sure, can you try adding this to your theme’s functions.php file?

add_filter( 'wootickets-tickets-email-enabled', 'no_wooticket_emails' );

function no_wooticket_emails() {
        return 'no';
    }

If you hit any further obstacles with this (or indeed have any other questions) please do create a new thread though – as we do try to enforce a policy of one-issue-per thread to help keep things manageable and ensure fair access to support for all our customers.

At this point I’ll go ahead and close out this thread – thanks once again for your support 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for "Pay at the Door" customers not appearing on attendee list’ is closed to new replies.