tickets for online events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions tickets for online events?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Valleau

Can I use a ticket for an online-only event (not one in the real world)?
    Specificallly, we have a third-party plugin that generates a page to upload files to a photo contest. We cannot, therefore, alter that page. We want to charge to enter the contest, but the form does not include payment options: it’s just an uploader.

So, I’m looking for a way to hide the page(that’s easy enough) and then show it only once a person has paid the contest entry fee.

Since the contest is an “event” Tickets would be a perfect way to charge… but I don’t see a way to use a sold ticket in our own site, to access a page.

Generally speaking: “You must purchase a ticket to enter the contest. Purchase your ticket below.”

I thought about Woocommerce URL single-use coupons, but that’s pretty kludgy…

Any suggestions?

Barry

Hi Tracy — thanks for your interest in our plugins 🙂

Much as I’d love to win you over as a customer, I think in this case that a combination of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus may not be the best fit.

It would certainly be possible to build what you want using those plugins, but it would also require an amount of customization that you could probably avoid or limit if you used a different solution — such as a paid membership plugin.

I hope that helps and do let me know if you have further questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘tickets for online events?’ is closed to new replies.