Tickets can still be bought after event date

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets can still be bought after event date

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

Hello – we’ve noticed a bug where tickets for past events can still be booked and paid for.

Mostly people notice the date, or events sell out, so it took us a while to notice – I think it’s been happening since version 4.7.2, and is still happening in 4.7.5 (and when all other plugins are off, default theme is used, etc).

We don’t, as a rule, set a date range for selling tickets – and I certainly don’t want to have to go back through hundreds of old events – so I’m hoping this isn’t intentional! I’m not imagining that the tickets used to close when the event passed, am I?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s a little bit strange, as I have the same plugins as you on my local installation, with Twenty Seventeen as a theme, and I can’t reproduce the bug that I noticed on your test website.

It might be due to some plugin options โ€” I would need to know which one in order to report the bug. Do you have this problem for any event? Or only some of them?

Could you export your events so that I could test them on my local installation?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

liblogger
    Participant

Hello – it seems to be any event we’d had tickets left for (I haven’t checked them all, just a random selection).

The RSVP tickets seem to work fine – with a message saying they’re not available) if either Event Tickets Plus or WooCommerce is turned off.

I’ll get you a export of our events asap.

liblogger
    Participant

Ah – the WP export file won’t upload here – how should I send it?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification ๐Ÿ™‚

Regarding the WP export, could you make a zip file and upload it via the forum thread? (there should be an upload button)

Cheers,
    Jeremy

liblogger
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

liblogger
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I visited your test site atย https://crashtest.womenslibrary.org.uk/, and couldn’t find past events where tickets could be bought anymore. Did you do something? Did you change some settings, or update some plugins?

Waiting for your reply,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

liblogger
    Participant

Hi Jeremy – it seems to have been resolved by the latest update. I’d actually seen a response to an older issue saying that had been fixed in the latest version, and thought it was as response to this problem, so tried the update and tested it – the past events are now displaying correctly!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m glad the latest update solved your problem!

I’m going to close this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have further concerns ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets can still be bought after event date’ is closed to new replies.