Tickets Available Not Decrementing on Event Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets Available Not Decrementing on Event Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

I read in this forum that this issue is created by PayPal. We are using PayPal Standard for all tickets. The correct amounts are showing in the admin area, but for the viewers, the tickets available are not decrementing. So now I am manually decrementing 17 tickets on 2 sites several times a day.

I am updated on the plugins as well as the theme (Twenty Sixteen), so no resolutions have been implemented via maintenance updates.

Is there anything we can do on this end to push the fix with PayPal?

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Anne,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I can help you with this one.

The correct amounts are showing in the admin area

When you make a ticket sale, then does the “Available tickets” amount properly decrease on the backend? I mean this one.

That number is the remaining stock, which should decrease with every sale and that number should show on the front-end for the users as well. And also that is the number that should show up on the WooCommerce product page of the ticket in the inventory field. (Screenshot) Are they different for you?

This can be the same issue what you read about before. There is some glitch between PayPal and WooCommerce, and even when sellingĀ regular (non-ticket) WooCommerce products the stock doesn’t get adjusted. Unfortunately this is beyond our reach, it is something WooCommerce and PayPal (Braintree) need to work out.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

Anne
    Participant

Hi,
    The “Available Tickets” does not decrement in the back or front end. In the backend, it shows the correct number of how many sold, cancelled, etc. But the number available is the original stock #. I have gone in and manually decremented the available tickets so that the customers will see a correct # in the front end. I have only done those tickets that have a finite # available in real life. We also are selling food and don’t have a limited amount, so I have left the numbers as they are. I have sold some and none of them have decremented their available tickets numbers, but do show correct tickets sold in the back end.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated since I am now a slave to checking quantities several times a day fo 17 tickets. Argh!! Thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Anne,

From what you shared it sounds like the PayPal + WooCommerce issue I outlined before, which is beyond our reach.

In order to confirm that indeed it’s an issue with those you can try 2 tests:

• Enable the “Cash on Delivery” payment gateway. Sell a (test) ticket which has limited stock with CoD and check if the stock decreases as it should.
      If the ticket stock decreases when using CoD, then the calendar plugins seem to work right.
    • Set up a regular WooCommerce (test)product (unrelated to tickets) with a limited inventory. Make a test purchase with PayPal and check if the inventory of that product decreases.
      If the stock doesn’t decrease, then there is an issue with PayPal and WooCommerce.

If that is the case I would recommend you to get in touch with the support team of WooCommerce to help you with the issue. I would point it out to them, that this happens with regular WooCommerce products as well (if that is what you find based on your test).

Let me know if you manage to run the tests and what results you get.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets Available Not Decrementing on Event Page’ is closed to new replies.