Tickets as Virtual Products by default?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets as Virtual Products by default?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there,

When I create (add Ticket) to an Event, the simple product that’s created is not virtual by default. The issue with this is that it requires a Shipping Address upon checkout (when we have nothing to ship).

I’ve upgraded to WooCommerce 2.0.2 today along with WooTickets 1.01. I can’t remember if it was doing this pre-WooCommerce 2 or not, however it would be a huge fix for the newly created products to be virtual by default.

Barry

We do have an issue logged for this however I don’t believe anything along these lines was considered for the recent version – which was really aimed at bug fixes and improved compatibility with the new version of WooCommerce.

But do rest assured we’re looking into this as an option for a future version.

J-P
    Participant

Hi,

So if we manually change the product to virtual it still requires a billing address on checkout for the ticket. How can we reduce the fields displayed or just change the required fields to be only name and email?

Thanks.

Barry

I’d suggest taking that question across to the support team at WooThemes, you’d need to turn off or negate whatever validation checks WooCommerce runs during the checkout process to do this.

J-P
    Participant
    Barry

Excellent, thanks for reporting back with that 🙂

Jayc
    Participant

I also require the Wooticket to be Virtual by default. The plugin suggested above conflicts with my site and so this feature would be great. Any idea how long till the next release? Are we talking months?

Jayc
    Participant

I was also wondering if we could use the custom fields option in the event ticketing area to set the variable?

Barry

Hi jayc: I’m not 100% sure what you mean … which variable?

Sandie
    Participant

Doesn’t this just need to be set to ‘virtual’ by default? Just how many scenarios are there that don’t require this to be set to ‘virtual’? As an interim workaround, wouldn’t just manually amending the WooCommerce product to ‘virtual’ work, or does this create more problems?

Barry

Doesn’t this just need to be set to ‘virtual’ by default?

Yes, so as per the initial answer to Joe’s question we’re considering this as an option for a future release 🙂

As an interim workaround, wouldn’t just manually amending the WooCommerce product to ‘virtual’ work

I believe that does work, yes, and some users have already reported as much on the forum. The best thing to do is test this approach out and see if it works for you.

Sandie
    Participant

Yes I saw that. The comment was on 6th March, when do you expect to finish considering this and make a decision? 🙂

Thanks for your testing suggestion. Having recently read a thread on this forum regarding testing and an inability to remove data, and given it’s a paid for product, and my intended use can hardly be considered unreasonable I’d prefer to know from the developers whether the proposed way forward is expected to work, and/or from the testers whether it actually works.

If merely setting the product to virtual via the WooCommerce product page resolves the issue why would you not want to inform your customer base of the solution?

Barry

OK, so we’re now making this a high priority – we’ll investigate making products virtual and/or downloadable by default and if that looks feasible and doesn’t offer up any obstacles it may be in place as soon as the next release.

Thanks for your testing suggestion. Having recently read a thread on this forum regarding testing and an inability to remove data, and given it’s a paid for product, and my intended use can hardly be considered unreasonable I’d prefer to know from the developers whether the proposed way forward is expected to work, and/or from the testers whether it actually works.

It’s not unreasonable at all. Yes, changing a ticket product type to virtual is a workable option if you don’t want shipping address fields to appear during the checkout process (assuming there are no other shipped products in the cart).

That said, I still recommend testing since on a practical level almost every WordPress installation is different and numerous problems can surface in one environment that may not be present in another.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets as Virtual Products by default?’ is closed to new replies.