Tickets are unable to download… nothing shows up

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets are unable to download… nothing shows up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    held2gether
    Participant

Hi,

When I get a confirmation email that I have a “New Sale” the “Print Ticket” link does not work… I’m wondering now if my customers are able to print. How can I get this to work?

Screenshot of email: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbew48o86rarg55/Screenshot%202014-11-21%2011.51.09.png?dl=0

Url of ticket that doesnt open: http://held2gether.com/index.php?download_key=92651aaa0cfa86c278f2d567d63c28b9&email=mbs04%40charter.net&file=0&price_id=0&download_id=10506&expire=MTQxNjY3OTI0MQ%3D%3D

Barry

Hi held2gether,

Sorry to hear you are encountering difficulties.

Unfortunately, some recent changes in EDD itself seem to have stopped this from working as expected: we do however have this logged as being in need of a fix and will certainly do our best to keep you posted as that work progresses.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

held2gether
    Participant

Hmm.. so the plug I bought doesnt work is what your telling me? When can I expect this to work – the reason I purchased your plug-in is bc I needed a solution that would be reliable…

Barry

I definitely understand your frustration – but, even with the best will in the world, bugs can and do occur in any software product.

We do try hard to avoid this however, particularly where there is a dependency on a third party product (in this case of course that’s Easy Digital Downloads), things can spring up due to unforeseen changes in how they work.

All that to say:

• We’re very sorry this has happened and have this logged as being in need of further attention
    • Our next release is in the final stages of preparation and this wasn’t caught quite in enough time to be included within that
    • I’m going to increase the priority for this issue to ensure it is addressed as soon as we reasonably can

I’m afraid I cannot offer you a precise timeline for any fix but, again, we’ll do our best to keep you updated as things progress.

held2gether
    Participant

Well seeing I just purchased this plug-in and it has never worked I find this a little mind blowing…

Barry

All I can do is offer our apologies: this is a priority for us, but that still doesn’t mean we can arrange for any fix to go out in our upcoming release.

That said, we may quickly follow up with a secondary release – but we do need to deliver a range of other fixes and improvements in line with our schedule as best we can.

We’ll keep you updated and are actively working on this.

held2gether
    Participant

what is the refund policy for this plug in?

Barry

We’re generally happy to facilitate refund requests: please email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be and if possible include a copy of your purchase receipt and a link to this thread 🙂

Barry

@held2gether: you’re still absolutely welcome to seek a refund – but if you want to give it a try, this snippet (which you could add to your theme’s functions.php file, for instance) may help until we fix this in an upcoming release:

class Tribe_EDDTickets_Fix31092 {
    	/**
    	 * Override EDDTickets' own print_ticket_url() callback.
    	 */
    	public function __construct() {
    		add_filter( 'edd_download_file_url_args', array( $this, 'print_ticket_url' ), 20 );
    	}

/**
    	 * @param $item
    	 * @return bool
    	 */
    	protected function is_print_ticket_item( $item )
    	{
    		static $download_files = array();

if ( empty($download_files) )
    			$download_files = edd_get_download_files( $item['download_id'] );

foreach ( $download_files as $index => $download ) {
    			if ( $item['file'] != $index ) continue;
    			if ( TribeEDDTickets::TICKET_DOWNLOAD === $download['file'] ) return true;
    			if ( TribeEDDTickets::LEGACY_TICKET_DOWNLOAD === $download['file'] ) return true;
    		}

return false;
    	}

/**
    	 * Setup the print ticket URL so that a print view is rendered instead of a download file
    	 * @param array $args
    	 * @return array
    	 */
    	public function print_ticket_url( $args = array() )
    	{
    		// Determine if this is a ticket product
    		if ( ! get_post_meta( $args['download_id'], TribeEDDTickets::$event_key, true ) ) {
    			return $args;
    		}

// Interfere only with the tickets link (thus allowing additional files to be downloaded
    		// as part of the purchase)
    		if ( ! $this->is_print_ticket_item( $args ) ) {
    			return $args;
    		}

$args = array(
    			'edd_action'   => 'print_ticket',
    			'ticket'       => $args['download_id'],
    			'download_key' => $args['download_key']
    		);

return $args;
    	}
    }

new Tribe_EDDTickets_Fix31092;
    junglistnetwork
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. Where exactly do I add this code? to my website theme? or to one of the EDD function files?

Barry

Hi junglistnetwork: there are a few places you might add it, but people often find their theme’s functions.php file the easiest for fixes like this.

held2gether
    Participant

Hi I added the code to the functions.php of my it now only this shows up functions.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5951ernqgvdtb5/Screenshot%202014-12-05%2017.21.03.png?dl=0

COME ON GUYS!

held2gether
    Participant

sorry shows up on my site.

held2gether
    Participant

Scratch that i got it to work. thank you sorry for the frustration.

junglistnetwork
    Participant

I nearly give up. I added the code, I’ve tried a few things and can at best get it to download something, after messing around with EDD download settings, adding images (it might just have bee trying to download the image) came up as print ticket.htm failed – server problem.

I also noticed when you edit your ticket in EDD the download files option, if i upload something it all works, but of course it isn’t a ticket for that purchase, just an image etc. So the download EDD part is certainly working.

Am i missing something

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets are unable to download… nothing shows up’ is closed to new replies.