Ticket stock inventory not accurate

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket stock inventory not accurate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Janneke Nijenhuis
    Participant

Example: Ticket for Annie’s Theater Toko

In overview events it says 21 sold but in woo it says 17 tickets sold (17 is correct – 17 are sold and paid through Mollie)
    Total inventory was 40 – with 17 tickets sold it should be 23 remaining, however it says in wooproducts in stock 30

Please see enclosed screenshots

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Janneke,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m really sorry about the issue with the ticket numbers. Let me try to help you get to the bottom of this.

Could you also please share a screenshot of the Attendees and the Orders page of the event? You can find the links to these when you hover over the event title under Events in your Dashboard.

To give you some more info on stock handling, which might be affecting this:

• if a ticket is refunded, cancelled, or deleted after a successful purchase then the stock needs to be adjusted manually to reflect the change.
    • When a ticket has been purchased for an event, then moved to a different event, that might also show some discrepancy as it will still show up as ‘sold’ for the original event.
    • sometimes we have received reports that the stock is not adjusted properly after a purchase with PayPal. Sometimes there is a glitch with the PayPal payment gateway. This can potentially happen with others as well. Unfortunately this is out of our reach and in cases like this it is recommended to get in touch with the developers of the gateway.

Do you think any of the above cases could have happened?

Looking forward to helping you with this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Janneke Nijenhuis
    Participant

Email did not went through correctly.

Hello Andras,

Some tickets were cancelled – apparently it still shows as participants (no tickets were moved)

All tickets are paid through Mollie (Woocommerce)

Stock initially : 40
    see printscreen stock initially

Sold 25
    see sold 25

However really sold 19 and if 25 sold 30 remaining is incorrect
    see: 30 incorrect

So trashed tickets and deleted tickets are count in number sold
    see tickets sold for total list of tickets sold

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Janneke,

Thanks for re-submitting your post with screenshots. Much appreciated!

When tickets were cancelled I guess they were cancelled on the WooCommerce product page, so the order itself was cancelled.

How WooCommerce handles this in general (so with WooCommerce products as well, not only Ticket products) is, when you change the status of an order then it doesn’t adjust the stock of the products in that basket. You need to adjust the stock manually. You can to this simply by clicking on the product in the basket, then choosing the “decrease stock” or “increase stock” button based on your needs. Here’s a screenshot of that.

Once you click those your stock will be adjusted. Note however that the total number of sales will not change because of that. So if you sold 4 tickets, then 2 were cancelled (and re-stocked), then your total number of sold tickets will still be 4. This is again something that is handled by WooCommerce, and not by our plugins. This is the same with deleted / trashed tickets.

As for the total stock number, it is difficult to say why it shows what it does at the moment. The easiest way to correct that is to simply change the number to your actual stock at the moment.

We’ve heard about the issues when stock wasn’t reduced after a sale, but that was / is most of the time in the hands of WooCommerce and PayPal gateway. There are some issues there, which these two parties need to look at, we cannot really do anything about those. I see you are using a different gateway and hopefully that works as expected. I just wanted to point out that there are multiple parties at play here.

I hope the above clarifies the situation. If you have further questions, then please let me know, I’m happy to answer them for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: I removed the previous post to reduce the clutter.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket stock inventory not accurate’ is closed to new replies.