Ticket Stock availability displaying incorrectly

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Stock availability displaying incorrectly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    afplct
    Participant

I am having a similar issue to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-stock-capacity-wont-save-and-more/#post-1483062

In the admin view, the number of tickets available does not always update correctly. This seems to happen when
    a. I move an attendee from 1 ticket type to another
    b. I change the quantity for that ticket type

FYI, I am only using RSVPs. The correct information appears on the public view and on the attendees list (admin view), but not in the Event ticket metabox.

I created a test event. There are 2 RSVP types: “register” (capacity:4) and “another” (capacity: unlimited). I RSVP’d for “register”, which displayed correctly. Then I moved the attendee to “another” and the admin view went out of sync. Screenshots are included for the public view and attendee list (displaying correctly), and ticket metabox (incorrect).

Then, I changed the capacity on “register” to capacity: 12. There are still no attendees for the “register” RSVP type, but it shows only 10 spots available in admin view. (4th screenshot included)

Thanks for your help.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-stock-capacity-wont-save-and-more/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out!

After moving an attendee from one ticket to another you will need to manually adjust ticket capacity. Please go through this article for further details: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-tickets/

I think that will cover / answer both your questions.

Let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
    Andras

afplct
    Participant

Thank you, I went through the steps in this article, but the problem is that the availability still shows incorrectly in the admin view. I can only manually adjust capacity, not availability.

Let’s say I have 2 ticket types, “TIX1” and “TIX2”, and each has a capacity of 5.
    If I have 1 person registered for “TIX1”, then “TIX1” has capacity = 5 and availability = 4.
    If I move that person to “TIX2”, both ticket types now say that capacity = 5, and availability = 4 (admin view). However, the public view says that “TIX1” has 5 available and “TIX2” has 4 (which is correct).

No matter how I adjust the capacity, that discrepancy is never fixed in the admin view.

Also, when I try to adjust the capacity for any ticket type that has tickets attached to it (not just ones where I have moved a ticket), that difference increases by 1. So, when I open “TIX1” and adjust capacity to any number, the number available is now always 2 less than the capacity. Meanwhile, the public view shows the availability correctly (capacity – actual_number_of_attendees_in_ticket_type). Even if the admin view shows a capacity of 2 and an availability of 0, the public side still shows 2 available and someone can still RSVP.

The public view availability works as I expect it to. Can you please fix the admin view to work the same way?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t see any eCommerce plugins in your plugin list, so I take it you are using Tribe Commerce, the built-in thingamabob with Event Tickets 4.7

I ran a quick test with the scenario you described in your post. Thanks for the detailed description, it made it really easy.

For me everything was working as expected. After I moved the ticket Tix 1 went back to 5/5. Here’s a screenshot of my end result: https://cloudup.com/cMcoK0agl4l

Also all changes were properly reflected on the front-end as well.

Are you getting these kind of issues for more tickets? Can you reproduce it several times?

Are you using shared capacity for any of the tickets?

Is it tickets selling for money or is it RSVPs?

A.

afplct
    Participant

Very curious! This issue happens for me every single time I either change ticket stock for an RSVP that has attendees attached or when I move an attendee to a different RSVP. Changing stock quantities for tickets without attendees works normally.

I actually don’t sell any tickets at all, so I only use RSVPs. I have nothing set up on the commerce end. I did notice that Tribe Commerce was enabled but not set up in the settings, but disabling it did not change the results.

I don’t use shared capacity either, because it doesn’t seem to do anything with my RSVPs (I actually submitted a ticket about that too. See https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rsvps-do-not-count-against-shared-capacity/#post-1484937)

Thanks for investigating this!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Previously I tested it with tickets and that was working fine.

Now I tested it with RSVPs and there seems to be a bug.

After moving T1 to T2 both back-end and front-end show 4 of 5 for me, and can confirm that adjusting the stock doesn’t help.

I will log a bugticket on this one so our developers can take a look at it.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Stock availability displaying incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.