Ticket stock and count inconsistent

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket stock and count inconsistent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue to those reported by other customers where the ticket stock is inconsistent between different views, and ultimately incorrect.

In my case, the problem starts when I need to cancel or refund an order. I’ve followed the instructions listed in the KB here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/
    Even after canceling an order, and then manually adjusting the ticket stock (via PRODUCTS) and manually removing attendees, the remaining number of available tickets remains incorrect in several views.

I have disabled all plugins except the Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and WooCommerce, and enabled the default WooCommerce Storefront theme, and the problem persists.

So far, the only way I’ve found to “fix” the ticket count is to delete the ticket and then re-create the ticket again.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    ~Ryan

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-counts-not-showing-correctly/

Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

One thing you can do is to alter the total_sales custom field on the WooCommerce Product page that is associated with the ticket that you are trying to edit.  You can change that number to reflect the actual number of attendees that you have, which will then change what you see in your Attendees tab.

You can also alter the ticket stock on the Edit Event page, where you edit your ticket.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ryan
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for your suggestion, but this seems to be more of manual workaround than a permanent solution.

Why is the Event Tickets plugin not correctly updating these quantities when refunding or canceling an order? Likewise, why are the quantities not updating when I delete an attendee? This seems totally in contrast to what is recommended in the KB article linked below:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

If the KB article mentioned above is no longer accurate, what is the recommended procedure for refunding/canceling orders? When we refund/cancel a ticket order, we need to be able to add those tickets back into inventory, those attendees need to be removed, and the number of sold AND available tickets needs to be accurately (and consistently) displayed on both the front-end and within the dashboard. It seems as though this process should be automated, but if that’s not possible, the process definitely shouldn’t be as complicated as it is currently. If the process is confusing for me (I’ve been a web-developer for 12 years), I guarantee it will be frustrating for my clients. It doesn’t seem very user-friendly if the average user is required to complete a 5-6 step process (including editing custom fields) just to keep the ticket stock accurate and consistent.

Maybe I’m missing something, or possibly I’m doing something wrong, but as it stands currently, the software is practically unusable by my client if it cannot accurately keep inventory/stock… hopefully I’m just misunderstanding. If that’s the case, could you provide the correct workflow for cancelling a ticket order and rectifying the count/stock and attendees list? Again, the process listed in the KB article above no longer seems to be accurate.

Thanks.

Ryan
    Participant

To follow up, I’ve modified the “total_sales” custom field as suggested, but the number of attendees and available tickets is still incorrect and inconsistent.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback.  I’m sorry to hear that this process has been confusing for you.

I see that you have share capacity selected for your ticket.  Is there another ticket that you have listed that is sharing the capacity?

Do you see this issue occur if you create a fresh ticket?  Also, do you only see this issue occur when refunding or cancelling an order?

In the meantime, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic as well!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket stock and count inconsistent’ is closed to new replies.