Ticket solution for a theatre festival (Online and offline/booth)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Ticket solution for a theatre festival (Online and offline/booth)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Raj

Hi,
    We are trying to develop a ticketing system for a future theatre festival that’s going to take place in a couple of months. We are already using The Events Calendar plugin for the website, so we are hoping that the Event Ticket Plus plugin will work. Could you guys take a look at the requirement below and please let us know if the tickets plugin works along with the calendar?

There will be around 30 plays and 5-6 venues for the festival that will last around 10 days. The plays and venues will be rotated, so there will be multiple plays being performed on different venues throughout the day. Some of the venues are free. For the paid ones, we offer the tickets both online (a few days prior to the launch of the festival, obviously) and offline (at the booth on the day of the performance) sales. A particular percentage or number of the tickets need to be blocked for offline sales and shouldn’t available online. So for example for a venue that can accommodate 50 seats, only say 40 tickets should only be available for online sale and the rest needs to sold at that venue booth. Is this possible with the plugin (Offline sales and reserving a number of tickets for offline)?

Also we need to let people in using QR code verification, which I believe is possible with the plugin. Could you confirm?

We would also like to design the ticket a bit to match the festival branding. Is that possible too?

I believe the ticket can be sold using WooCommerce so the payment gateway etc needs to be configured at the woocommerce settings right?

Could you please look at the above requirement and let us know if this is possible with the Event Tickets plugin.

Thank you very much!
    Raj

Edward

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

It sounds like the Events Calendar/Event Tickets Plus would work great for this use case!

There will be around 30 plays and 5-6 venues for the festival that will last around 10 days. The plays and venues will be rotated, so there will be multiple plays being performed on different venues throughout the day. Some of the venues are free. For the paid ones, we offer the tickets both online (a few days prior to the launch of the festival, obviously) and offline (at the booth on the day of the performance) sales. A particular percentage or number of the tickets need to be blocked for offline sales and shouldn’t available online. So for example for a venue that can accommodate 50 seats, only say 40 tickets should only be available for online sale and the rest needs to sold at that venue booth. Is this possible with the plugin (Offline sales and reserving a number of tickets for offline)?

Yes! This can be easily done with The Events Calendar ? and Event Tickets Pro. You will be able to create ticket capacities as you need to accommodate offline sales.

Also we need to let people in using QR code verification, which I believe is possible with the plugin. Could you confirm?

Yes, we have a QR scanner app for Android and Apple devices.

We would also like to design the ticket a bit to match the festival branding. Is that possible too?

Most themes work pretty well out of the box with our plugins. Using our Themer’s Guide, any/every aspect can be customized.

I believe the ticket can be sold using WooCommerce so the payment gateway etc needs to be configured at the woocommerce settings right?

You can use our built in TribeCommerce or WooCommerce for sales. So either way you decide to go, you’ll set up payment accordingly.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
    Ed ✌️

Raj

Hi Ed,

That is great! Thank you very much for the answers. This has helped our decision-making process easier and we are planning to get the ticket plugin soon.

Could you let us know how can we setup offline ticket sales with Event Tickets Pro? How does that work, is there any document that we could check?

Thank you!

Edward

Hey Raj,

I might have misunderstood part of that question. You can definitely leave space in your sales for offline use, but there’s really no solution to input the sales manually for records sake in the backend.

You could definitely add these manually, but could end up being time consuming if you want to keep accurate info. After adding the ticket, you would be able to print the PDF ticket with QR code if that’s what you’re looking to do.

Sorry about that!

Raj

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the assistance. Would it be possible to sell tickets at the booth with a special user type or some other system that works with a POS machine using something like https://webkul.com/blog/wordpress-woocommerce-pos/. Have you ever encountered such a requirement? Please let me know. Ideally we would like both the offline and online sales to be synced, and use left-over online tickets and sell it at the booth.

Thank you very much.

Raj

Hi Ed!

I just wanted to know if you got a chance to review my above question? Please let me know what you think about it.

Thank you very much,
    Raj

Barry

Apologies, Raj.

We just transitioned to a new support platform and that – regrettably – resulted in us losing track of a few questions here on our original support forums.

We don’t have any particular experience or advice regarding your possible POS solution, however if you are going to use Event Tickets Plus with WooCommerce, I believe it actually should be possible for you to process sales ‘in person’.

“Offline” is perhaps a slightly confusing term: your sales people will need to log in to WordPress and so have a connection to the internet, but so long as that isn’t a problem they will be able to manually compose orders that include ticket products.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket solution for a theatre festival (Online and offline/booth)’ is closed to new replies.