Ticket sales closes in wrong time

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket sales closes in wrong time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi, I have imported a bunch of events and tickets via csv file. My site is defined to be at Oslo timezone, however the ticket sales close two hours before it should be. I have checked the event time zone is correct (oslo) but still it is closing two hours before it should be.

Time zone defined is Europe/Oslo. In every event and in site general settings.

Any suggestions to correct this?

thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Unfortunately, I can confirm there is currently an issue where the start/end sale dates of the tickets do not respect the event timezone.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Okay, Thanks for letting me know. I guess that it is not a good idea just add two hours to my closing time as when the fix is coming it will be wrong again.

So i will be waiting for the fix and hope it is published soon.

thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka,

Thanks for understanding. We’ll let you know once we have a fix for you to try.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue đŸ™‚

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I just updated but the ticket sales close still at the wrong time. Still two hours before it should?

Any recommendations?

thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ilkka,

I’m sorry to hear that is still and issue for you.

I’ve just made a few tests on my end and it’s working fine using Oslo as timezone, so there might be something else taking place here.

You mentioned importing your tickets via CSV file, could you please share with us the CSV file so we can make some tests on our end?

Also, please share a screenshot of the ticket editor when editing the event you are having problems with, with the “Advanced” section open so the ticket start/end sales are visible.

Thanks,
    Victor

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi there!

If I import from those CSV files (and set my WP timezone to UTC+2), there is no problem viewing the tickets for any single event. If I modify the event start time for one of the imported events, it continues to work and tickets display (or do not display) as expected.

Can you link me to a few existing examples of events that are – or which will soon – be impacted by this problem? I took a look but could not locate any, but would love to learn more about this problem so we can continue to help you đŸ™‚

Thanks!

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Could it be that these events and tickets should be created after the new update?

That’s possible; let me test that out.

Barry

We’re still struggling with this one, I’m afraid. Given you have a staging server, is it possible to:

• Make a backup, for safety
    • Deactivate all plugins except for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce
    • Switch to an umodified, default theme such as Twenty Seventeen
    • Confirm if the same thing still happens and, if it does, leave the staging site like this until we have a chance to inspect it

That would be great if possible. If it is not, let me know and we’ll think through alternatives (getting hold of a database dump could be an alternative means of giving us some additional insights, as one example).

Thanks again!

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I have made some tests and it seems that the problem is in our child theme. I will inform how this will go. Or if i notice that this was not the case.

It could be also some outdated files (templates) in our child theme from events calendar or events tickets. It would be very handy to have some notice if site is using outdated files in child theme.

Sorry about this.

I will let you know (when i know).

thanks

Barry

OK, not a problem — glad we’re closer to finding the source of the problem.

What I’m going to do is close this topic, but that’s only because we are in the process of moving to a new support platform (and I’d hate for us to lose track of this conversation as we increasingly focus our attention on the new help desk).

If we can help further, don’t hesitate to create a fresh ticket over here. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket sales closes in wrong time’ is closed to new replies.