Ticket Sales Adding Stock not Deducting it – overselling is possible

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Sales Adding Stock not Deducting it – overselling is possible

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Julie
    Participant

I’m having an issue with the WooCommerce Tickets plugin. Every time we have a sale, it adds one to the stock level rather than deduct it. For example, If I have 5 tickets and sell one, it says 1 of 6 sold, and so one. This can be a huge problem as it will cause us to over sell.

I have seen several threads on your support forms discussing the same issues, but never seen a solution posted…. I’m running a live site and can’t afford to deactivate plugins or change themes.

I have seen this same issue reported numerous times on the forms, but no one seams to have a solution….

Barry

Hi Andrew,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against difficulties.

Can you provide some more insights as to the payment gateways you are currently using – and does this happen with orders made through all of them, or just one in particular?

I also wonder if you could look at one of the tickets in the actual WooCommerce product editor: if you look at the inventory tab, are the stock levels incorrect there, too?

Last but not least, are you manually completing orders?

Thanks!

Julie
    Participant

Sorry, I’m only using one payment gateway. It is USA E-Pay by WooThemes. I’m also running a POS add on for instore sales. All ticket sales are doing the same thing regardless if it is online or in-store.

As for the WooCommerce product, it still shows the original quantity. So it doesn’t add any there, but it isn’t deducting it either.

It does add a custom field “total_sales” and shows the correct number of sales there.

And Yes, all ticket sales are automatically set to “processing” and then I have to go in and change them to completed.

Barry

Thanks for clarifying.

So the WooCommerce philosophy is that manual changes to orders (including manually setting them to a status of “completed”) should not necessarily result in automated adjustment of stock levels and I think that’s what you’re hitting up against here.

You should be able to make use of a “reduce line item stock” option in the order editor, however. Would that help here?

Julie
    Participant

K, you’ll have to forgive my ignorance here, but is there a way to set WooCommerce to automatically set orders to completed as soon as the payment is confirmed? I can’t find a setting to adjust that anywhere. I don’t want to have to manually adjust them, that is just the way it is set up…

Julie
    Participant

I did find there was any issue with a permission on a JS file that was preventing me from manually changing the inventory level. I have fixed that and now it will at least let me change the inventory level manually.

However, I’m still curious if there is a way to set the tickets as complete and deduct inventory automatically?

Barry

Hi Andrew,

It may be best to follow-up with the gang over at WooThemes as WooCommerce is of course their baby, so they will be better placed to advise on the best way of achieving this goal.

However, this post does show one avenue for automating the completion of orders (I’m unsure if it will in itself result in automated stock management – but it could be worth a try).

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Sales Adding Stock not Deducting it – overselling is possible’ is closed to new replies.