Ticket Quantity box too small

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Ticket Quantity box too small

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

I’ve got a couple of issues that I was looking for some help resolving. The first issue is with event tickets plus. As you can see the quantity box is tiny. I was hoping that someone could advise on how to fix this. (Also is there away to remove the annoying divider before the price?

Problem 1

The second issue was with Event Calendar Pro. I was wondering if there was a way to change the box on the upcoming event list widget to display the month? Currently its just displaying the day and date.

image 2

Finally I was wondering if there was a quick fix to reduce the size of the featured image on the events page? or to remove it completely but till have the feature image appear in the related events feed.

Thank you in advance
    Andy

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Andy.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Andy.
    Andy
    Participant

Sorry this is showing in the wrong forum, it should be showing in event tickets plus!

George
    Participant

Hi there,

These sorts of changes would unfortunately require custom CSS, which we are not able to help with. 🙁 For more information on what sorts of things count as “support” and what things don’t, check out this page here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

Now, that being said, I’m happy to take a quick look here and recommend some basic changes you can make, just to get the ball rolling. You will have to take the reins on getting things “just right”, but I’ll show you the basics.

Can you share a link to an actual page on your site where the ticket quantity field and such are visible? I’ll take a look and recommend some changes you can make. 🙂

Cheers!
    George

Andy
    Participant

Good Afternoon George,

Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you. I ended up unwell!

Here is the link for the small quantity box http://theadventureacademy.org.uk/index.php/event/nordic-walking-taster-event-13-04-2016/

Here is the link for the event list without month http://theadventureacademy.org.uk/index.php/nordic-walking/nw-taster-session/

Thank you in advance.

George
    Participant

No worries Andy; hope you’re feeling better!

As noted, we cannot help with custom CSS here. But I will offer some snippets just for the specific things you asked about to hopefully offer a guide for you to take from here and make customizations on your own.

The first issue is with event tickets plus. As you can see the quantity box is tiny. I was hoping that someone could advise on how to fix this. (Also is there away to remove the annoying divider before the price?

Paste this into the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

table.tribe-events-tickets .woocommerce .quantity .qty {
    min-width: 6em !important;
    }

Finally I was wondering if there was a quick fix to reduce the size of the featured image on the events page? or to remove it completely but till have the feature image appear in the related events feed.

You can hide the thumbnail in all places but “related events” by adding this to the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-event-image {
    display: none !important;
    }

If you want to tweak the image sizing, that’s a bit more complicated but I will touch on how you might be able to do this on your own below.

The second issue was with Event Calendar Pro. I was wondering if there was a way to change the box on the upcoming event list widget to display the month? Currently its just displaying the day and date.

This is a bit tricky but you can do this by adding code like the following to your theme’s functions.php. file:

add_filter( 'tribe-mini_helper_tribe_events_ajax_list_dayname', 'tribe_1093867', 10, 2 );

function tribe_1093867( $formatted, $postDate ) {
    return date_i18n( 'M', strtotime( $postDate ) );
    }

You’ll have to take the reins from here, and while we will not be able to help with further refinement of things on your site, I hope this information helps!

If you need to write more custom CSS on your site, definitely check out a [free!] tool like Firebug if you use FireFox, or the Developer Tools for either Safari or Chrome. They have “Inspector” tools that let you zoom right over the element whose styles you want to change, which makes it much easier to customize stuff.

Cheers,
    George

Andy
    Participant

Thank you for the help George, first two very quick easy fixes.

I’m playing around with the third. Cheers again!

Andy

George
    Participant

Glad to help! Cheers 🙂
    George

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Quantity box too small’ is closed to new replies.