Ticket printing – tickets wrapping over page breaks

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket printing – tickets wrapping over page breaks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    brentmorton
    Participant

I am just setting up Woo Tickets and in my testing if I order multiple tickets, when I try and print them from the email, they are not printing 1 per page. When I look at the email.php code it seems that it is using “page-break-before: always !important;”. In my testing, only Outlook honours that code. Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook.com (hotmail) all seem to drop/ignore it. Am I missing something? This seems like pretty basic functionality for people to be able to print tickets. The Friday Night even on my dev site is free for testing purposes.

Barry

Hi brentmorton,

I can certainly see what you mean. However, I’m not sure quite how much control we can exercise over this as consistency across email clients, especially for things like this, is a tricky area indeed.

What I’ll do though is check in with some of the team members who worked on this and see if this is something we can build and improve upon.

Thanks for your patience!

Barry

Hi brentmorton,

We’ll certainly investigate this one further and see what we can come up with. We are however at the mercy of widely differing email clients which each have their own quirks and behaviours, so there may be no silver bullet for this particular problem – but we’ll certainly see what we can do.

Thanks!

fireflycinemas
    Participant

Also having the same problem here – most our customers are buying more than one ticket, and they’re all over the show when it comes to printing.

We’ve had to switch back to eventbrite untill this is fixed.

Would it be possible as a fix to have each ticket sent in its own email? The subject could then be variable to have the ticket name in the subject too?

Screenshot: http://www.bradydyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/Screen%20Shot%202013-12-04%20at%203.16.57%20PM.png

Barry

That’s a possibility, but would be a bit of a lift and would probably be unsuitable for many (as numerous hosting providers cap the number of outbound emails that may be sent within a short space of time as a proactive measure against generating spam).

We’ll certainly consider that as an option, though. Thanks for posting!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here with a quick update. Although we were not able to get a fix for this into our imminent 3.3 release, it is still on the radar for inclusion in a future build. Thanks for your patience!

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket printing – tickets wrapping over page breaks’ is closed to new replies.