Ticket numbers not decreasing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket numbers not decreasing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    onlinecreative
    Participant

Hi guys,

We’ve just started selling tickets on an event again today, after another issue has been resolved with issuing tickets with auto order completion before payment was taken.

Now I’m seeing that a few tickets have been sold but the number of tickets issued for the event has not decreased. Originally there were 60 tickets allocated. When we went live the first time, we had sold 10 tickets. (I noticed that the number of tickets sold was not showing in the stock number. Then I had paused the ticket sales and we changed the number of tickets to 50. Now we have made more sales, and still I’m seeing that we have the same number of tickets available. It’s really important that this is fixed. Can you please help resolve this issue asap. Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your detailed question.

Your issue sounds like this internally-logged bug report:

If you have tickets that are not Free, and you try buying them with PayPal Standard (the out-of-the-box version of PayPal payment gateway included with WooCommerce), then the ticket stock is not reduced.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. I see it’s currently assigned to be released soon (weeks, not days).

Unfortunately, I do not have a temporary code snippet to solve this issue for you while you await a future release that includes this fix.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

After further review, this issue does not appear to be a bug. Rather it is the expected behaviour of WooCommerce and of orders placed via the PayPal payment gateway. In fact, if you test the same scenario out using just WooCommerce–i.e., using a regular WooCommerce product and without activating any of our plugins–you should be able to experience the same thing. Ideally, if PayPal’s IPN is functioning properly (which likely won’t work on localhost sites and some server configurations), then WooCommerce’s stock should automatically reduce.

When completing orders manually, for instance, the requirement for you to also update inventory manually is expected and deliberate. If you have further questions on this please don’t hesitate to let us know, however in many cases the WooCommerce team will be better able to assist especially if your question relates to the operation of WooCommerce in general and is not specific to tickets or our ticketing plugins.

We’re sorry for any confusion and for any delay in providing this update and, again, if we can help further definitely let us know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket numbers not decreasing’ is closed to new replies.