TICKET NUMBER TOO LONG

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus TICKET NUMBER TOO LONG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GDPR20191125
    Participant

Hello!
    I would like to know if is there a way to make the ticket number shorter please ?
    Like the SKU maybe.
    Actually sometimes we have too big and too long ticket number.
    Look the screenshot please.
    I noticed that your plug-in takes the first letter of each word of the name of the event, but i would like a shorter name.

Can’t way to get a feedback from you!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again suika,

At the moment we are experiencing heavy loads in our help desk. Based on our support policy we don’t usually support customizations, but I’ll try to get back to you on this later when we’re not overloaded. I ask for a bit of patience.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Suika,

Thanks for hanging in there.

I was able to dig into this a bit, with partial success.

In the recent versions of Event Tickets Plus the ticket SKU is already generated a bit differently. It follows this pattern:

{ticket-id}-{user-id}{ticket-name}

I did not find any way to change this so that something else is generated. However you are able to set the SKU to your liking when you create the ticket. Open the Advanced section and you’ll be able to define the SKU. (screenshot)

There is also the possibility to totally disable the SKU generation, so it will be left blank. For this copy the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'event_tickets_woo_should_default_ticket_sku', 'change_ticket_sku', 10, 1 );
    function change_ticket_sku( $original_sku ) {
    return false;
    }

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘TICKET NUMBER TOO LONG’ is closed to new replies.