Ticket level, Code scanning and CMS scheduler

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket level, Code scanning and CMS scheduler

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    james Endersby
    Participant

Hello,
    I am running your plugin on my development server and have setup a PayPal sandbox account to test transactions running through the Woo Commerce e commerce facility.

I have a couple of problems that I hope you can help me with.

1. I have been running test transactions through the PayPal Sandbox account and I have noticed the ticket number on the front end of the site are not going down after the transaction has been set to complete
    2. I have also been using a code scanner ‘QuickMark’ to test the check in facility, but noticed nothing updating within the CMS
    3. Finally do you know of a plugin that will easily allow me to display all upcoming events in the system from within the WordPress CMS, this is so I can easily keep track of events running and event organisers

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

James Endersby

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello James,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing. I’d be happy to give you a helping hand. Let’s go one-by-one.

As a first I would like to ask you to update the calendar and ticket plugins to the latest versions, as some of the issues might have been solved since then. Thanks!

1.  … I have noticed the ticket number on the front end of the site are not going down after the transaction has been set to complete

Is this happening for all of the events / tickets? Or only with the tickets that have global stock enabled?

2. I have also been using a code scanner ‘QuickMark’ to test the check in facility, but noticed nothing updating within the CMS

To be able to check in tickets / users with the QR code first you need to be logged in to the WordPress site on the device you are using for scanning.

When scanning the QR code it will take you to a specific URL – unique to every code – in your browser. If you are logged in to the site and this URL is loaded, that should check in the user. If you look at the attendee list (refresh) then you should see the user / ticket checked in.

Is this what you are doing?

3. Finally do you know of a plugin that will easily allow me to display all upcoming events in the system from within the WordPress CMS, this is so I can easily keep track of events running and event organisers.

I see you also have EC PRO. With this you can use some shortcodes to list events in different ways on the front end. Here’s an article about this.

Also there is a third-party plugin, The Events Calendar Shortcode, which might help you achieve what you need. Please note, this plugin is not developed by us so we cannot provide support for it.

Looking forward to helping you fix this.

Cheers,
    Andras

james Endersby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi James,

I did some testing and it looks like this is an issue beyond us.

I set up a regular WooCommerce product which is totally unrelated to our plugins and experienced the same things. Even after successful paypal payment (with sandbox):

• the stock of the product is not being reduced
    • the order status is still “pending payment” instead of “processing” or “completed”

Looks like there is an issue with PayPal (or PayPal sandbox) and WooCommerce. I would suggest you to get in touch with WooCommerce support and check with them.

Cheers,
    Andras

james Endersby
    Participant

Andras,

Thank you for your help on this.
    I will contact WooCommerce and get back to if I get it resolved.

Andras
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

I’ll leave this topic open for now. I’d be happy to hear from your progress.

Cheers,
    Andras

james Endersby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello James,

I’m sorry to hear that WooCommerce support hasn’t been really helpful so far.

The ticket stocks are basically handled by the WooCommerce ticket product that is created when you create a ticket.

Trying to get to the bottom of this I have done some more extensive testing with tickets using standard stock, global stock, and simple WooCommerce products, and Cash on Delivery (CoD) and PayPal Sandbox (PPS) payment gateways.

The findings are:

With CoD both the tickets and the WooCommerce product sold without issue. After sales the order status was ‘processing’ and the stock was properly decreased by the purchase amount for the products.

Whenever I used PPS for tickets or the WooCommerce product, the order status was always ‘Pending Payment’, stock wasn’t decreased.
    Then I set the status to ‘Processing’, still no change in the stock.
    Then I set it to ‘Completed’, and the stock still didn’t reflect the change, not for the ticket, not for the WooCommerce product.

Our ticket products are basically WooCommerce products as well with a bit of extra.

Since there seems to be an issue when purchasing basic WooCommerce products with PPS (and likely PayPal Standard as well) this is an issue that needs to be solved between those two first. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. This is a functionality issue between WooCommerce and PayPal.

I’m sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for. This is all I can do in this matter at the moment. I do hope that WooCommerce will get out a fix for this.

If you have any more questions related to this topic, let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket level, Code scanning and CMS scheduler’ is closed to new replies.