Ticket Information box

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket Information box

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fknippenberg
    Participant

Is there a way to increase the size of the ticket information box, so the user does not need to scroll to find the register button?
    Example of an event from my site http://theurbanartbar.com/event/castle-island-10/

Neill

Hi fknippenberg,

Good question. Let me check with one our developers and see if there is a workaround for that. As I mentioned in our last thread most of this is in an iFrame from eventbrite which we don’t have much control over, but I’d like to double check for you.

Neill

Neill

Hi fknippenberg

Just wanted to get back to you about this. I’ve spoke with a developer and we think there is a way to figure this out. However it’ll be a workaround with some code that will go in your functions file. I’m going to work with Barry, who’s a little more dev savvy then me and get back to you with an idea for this.

Thanks for the question, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
    Neill

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, fknippenberg. I’m sorry it’s taken us so long to get back to you about this.

It looks like the only workaround is to add a snippet to your functions.php for this. An example would be:

add_filter(‘tribe_template_factory_debug’, ‘change_eb_iframe_height’);

function change_eb_iframe_height($html) {
    if (false === strpos($html, ‘eventbrite-ticket-embed’)) return $html;
    return str_replace(‘style=”height:200px;’, ‘style=”height:300px;’, $html);
    }

You would change the number based on what size you needed it to be and it would carry through to all instances.

Hope that helps!

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Is there a preferred method for adding the snippet to functions.php so it won’t get overridden on the next plugin update? (Anything like Child Themes for the plugin?)

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, stevenmilstein. We suggest users check out the Codex article on functions.php within Child Themes: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes#Using_functions.php

…or otherwise, follow your theme vendor’s recommendations for adding snippets/customizations, as some themes do things differently (or offer a different means of doing this).

If you have any further questions, please start a new topic. Thanks for being a TEC user!

stevenmilstein
    Participant

As per the Child Theme documentation, I created a functions.php & inserted:

However, the height value is not being replaced. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, stevenmilstein. Unfortunately, your code gets omitted until you tag it with “<code&rt;” and “</code&rt;”, so I can’t see what you were trying to show me.

Between the Themer’s Guide (linked in the right sidebar) and the Child Theme docs, you should have all the info you need. If you’d like to you could link to your snippet or repost with the code tags, we could try to help you more. It also might be a good idea to ask your theme developer for guidance.

For now, I’m going to close this thread. Please create a new topic if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Larry
    Participant

Hi

I tried that code in my functions.php but it broke my site. Here’s the error;

.Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’ in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/249996/webspace/siteapps/WordPress-54510/htdocs/wp-content/themes/theonepager/functions.php on line 44

So I FTP into my functions.php and checked what I put in there and I can’t see where the error is. So I remove the code snippet, site back up.

Any suggestions for me on this one? I just need the iframe taller to fit all my tickets in without having to scroll.

Regards, Larry

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

This is the current snippet we have:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-height-of-the-eventbrite-tickets-iframe/

The issue maybe when you paste from the forum the character were not formatted correctly so it puts out the error.

So pasting from that article maybe better.

This is a rather old thread and we try to close threads after two weeks so I am going to close it now, if you have troubles with the snippet in that article please just post a new thread and reference this one and we can give your our full attention on that.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Information box’ is closed to new replies.