Ticket Fieldsets not displayed in checkout

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Fieldsets not displayed in checkout

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

I am currently testing on a dev version of the live site, but the situation is present on both the live and dev versions.

I have activated the Twenty-Sixteen theme.

I have the following plugins enabled:

• Event Tickets
    • Event Tickets Plus
    • Easy Digital Downloads (EDD
    • Authorize.net Payment Gateway for EDD

I have created a ticket with 2 ticket fields: one which is a checkbox set with 2 options and one which is a radio set with several options. If I understand how they’re intended to appear, they should be visible during the checkout process, appended to the list of questions asked during the info-gathering phase, before the “Complete Purchase” button is clicked.

Is that correct?

I will attempted to add a private follow-up message with the contents of the Events > Help > System Information area.

Thanks!
    Derek Hauffe

Derek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Derek and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If I understand how they’re intended to appear, they should be visible during the checkout process, appended to the list of questions asked during the info-gathering phase, before the “Complete Purchase” button is clicked.

Actually, the additional fields should appear immediately in the page/post where the tickets are, prior to the Add to Cart button.

In other words, they do not appear in the Cart page or in the Checkout page.

That being said, that does not look to be the case on your site for some reason.

I have tried to reproduce a similar setup on my end, but I am not getting the same results unfortunately.

I wonder if there is not something overriding the Add to cart process on your site (since the appearance of the buttons is very different from what I am seeing on my end).

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of both the ticket details AND the attendee info fieldset details ?

Hang in there!
    Geoff B.

Derek
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response, Geoff!

I’m away from my office right now. I’ll get you sample images in the next hour.

Derek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Derek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Derek
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Derek,

Thank you for the additional details.

The good news is that it is possible to move the ticket form around.
    Here’s are a couple of ways of how to do that:

Ultimately, you are right, a shortcode would be the most flexible way to go about this.
    The issue is that it would need to be a the Events Calendar shortcode.

This is because the additional fields are part of the Events Calendar plugin.
    For that reason, a normal EDD shortcode won’t do the trick (unless it’s customized).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Derek
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

When you say that the additional fields “are part of the Events Calendar plugin,” does that mean that if I’m not using the Events Calendar plugin, that I won’t be able to access the information collected in those additional (meta) fields once a purchase is completed?

I’m not sure how they could be part of the Events Calendar, since I don’t have that installed, and they display just fine.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Derek,

Sorry if I created some confusion here. This was not my intention, as you can imagine.

When you say that the additional fields “are part of the Events Calendar plugin,” does that mean that if I’m not using the Events Calendar plugin, that I won’t be able to access the information collected in those additional (meta) fields once a purchase is completed?

What I meant is that these fields are generated by Event Tickets Plus (not the Events Calendar).

For us, these plugins are all part of the same big family. Hence my inaccurate reference. My bad.

So in short, you do not need the Events Calendar (unless you want to use it).

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Derek
    Participant

I’m working my way around this issue. I’ve started looking into the dev
    specs for Easy Digital Downloads, and I will probably write a small
    plugins that uses its action/filter hooks to get the info that I need.

So, for now, this issue is as closed as it can be.

Do you have any dev documentation for Event Tickets Plus, so that I can
    potentially access ticket information via a plugin?

Geoff B.

Good evening Derek,

You can have access to all of our documentation form this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

I would recommend reading the themer’s guide too.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Fieldsets not displayed in checkout’ is closed to new replies.