Ticket Fieldset changes not updating

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Fieldset changes not updating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Hi there,

We have setup numerous events that reference a ticket fieldset with additional questions for the customer. My client needed to add a field to this list of questions so we’ve done site via the events/ticket fieldset option. Although I can see the fieldset has updated in the admin, this change however is not being reflected across the site.

Can you help?

Thank you

L

Patricia

Hey Lauren,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

This sounds like a caching issue. Could you please purge your site’s cache and check if the problem is solved after that?

If the issue persists, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help you with the next steps!

Cheers,

Patricia

Lauren
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have purged the cache a few times now but no joy. Any other suggestions?

cheers,

L

Patricia

Hi Lauren,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the fields you created in the back-end of your site and the form in the front-end?

I’ll run some tests and try to reproduce the error from here.

Thanks,

Patricia

Lauren
    Participant

Sure please see attached.

Patricia

Hi Lauren,

I’ve ran some tests and was able to reproduce this same error while editing the ticket fieldsets via Events > Ticket Fieldsets so I can confirm that this is a bug: you’re the first person to report this, so thank you!

Right now, to be able to update the fieldsets, please access the event you want to modify and update the ticket from there: everything is working as expected while using this method.

I’ve added the issue to our internal bug report. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Lauren
    Participant

Ok thank you. Hopefully a fix will be sorted soon as we have alot of events so updating one by one would be very time consuming.

Cheers L

Patricia

Hi Lauren,

My apologies for the inconvenience and Thank you for your understanding!

We will contact you as soon as a solution is available. If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Hi Lauren,

I just wanted to reach out to let you know that we did not include a fix for this issue in our latest release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

We have determined that this is not a bug, as the ticket fieldsets are just meant to easily fill the attendee registration fields.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

juliannejjames
    Participant

Just thought I would hop on here and mention that like Lauren, I have the same issue and really hope you consider a fix or update for this. I too have multiple events that use the same fieldset. To update the fieldset and not have this connection, means updating each of the ticket types for each of the events. It really makes for a terrible situation.

Thanks,
    Juli-Anne

Lauren
    Participant

Agreed. I feel even if you don’t deem this a bug it is definitely a feature that should be included.The benefit of having the ability to create a fieldset to use across the board is lost if you can’t edit it.

For anyone who has more than a few events it creates a massive headache if anything should change, as each event needs to be update individually which is incredibly time consuming.

Thanks

Lauren

Patricia

Hi Lauren and Juli-Anne,

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response: thank you for your patience all this while! I agree with you: this would be a great feature to be included on Event Tickets Plus!

Right now I would recommend proposing this feature in our User Voice page to let us know.

Other users can then up-vote it, giving us a great idea of how much demand there might be (or, if you can find a suitable existing request, you can in turn up-vote that).

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Lauren
    Participant

For anyone following this thread I found it already mentioned on the user voice page – I’ve added my vote so hopefully we will get a few more:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17897488-adding-a-text-field-to-a-saved-field-set-will-upda

cheers,

Lauren

Patricia

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for sharing the Feature Request in our User Voice page here! It will certainly help other customers who might be looking for the same functionality.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Fieldset changes not updating’ is closed to new replies.