Ticket email / PDF?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket email / PDF?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, right now when a customer orders a ticket they receive a ticket email and an order email.

1. Is there anyway to set it to be one of these that the customer receives as its confusing when they receive 2 as they do not know what to bring to the gig?

2. Can the ticket email be in PDF form also as an attachment, printing the ticket is not obvious and also does not look good in the HTML format when you do print so I need the ticket in a pdf form for printing?

Thanks,
    James

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

By the way I took a look at this and it has a PDF attached to the order form which is nice also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ov4Eeh308w however I cannot find how to do this as having the tickets attached to the order aswell would solve my issues. Also I would like the barcode plugin here then on the order page http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-order-barcodes/ but does this checkin a user on the events side? obviously this would solve alot of hassle at the door of a venue.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using WooCommerce Tickets. I can help answer your questions.

The older version of the plugin used to send out pdf tickets. However, there were more issues using that so we have changed over to html tickets sent in an email. That video is 2 and half years old and not representative of the current features. Please look at our current site to see all the features: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-woocommerce-tickets/

1. Is there anyway to set it to be one of these that the customer receives as its confusing when they receive 2 as they do not know what to bring to the gig?

The system is setup to send both emails for all our ticketing plugins and would require a customization to change that, which is beyond the support we can provide.

2. Can the ticket email be in PDF form also as an attachment, printing the ticket is not obvious and also does not look good in the HTML format when you do print so I need the ticket in a pdf form for printing?

We do not have a feature to change these back to pdf tickets and again it would be a customization we cannot support to add that feature back.

That barcode plugin would not check in users on it’s own it would take some custom coding to do that. We are working on adding QR codes and looking to do a beta hopefully this month. If you are interested in it please email us at [email protected].

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

niggo
    Participant

When PDF doesn’t work – is it somehow possible to show only one ticket per page while printing?

At the moment, when you order more tickets than 1, the tickets are cut to several pages after printing. Do you know what I mean?

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Brian for the feedback, I think the features I outline would be needed by most so I will wait on the beta this month, look forward to help testing that out. The barcode scanning is crucial and of course the ability to print tickets from the email cleanly and not with all the html issues.

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

As niggo points out the issue I have when I say cleanly is the issue of a user buying 3 or 4 tickets, printing them then is a disaster right now – whereas the PDF (for all its bad points) seemed to put a ticket to each page which is of course what a user wants when buying them, not all the tickets on one printed page.

Brian
    Keymaster

I can see the benefits of having pdf tickets again. One of the big reasons for changing was pdf tickets were not customizable.

The Tickets have been all html based since 2.0 which was 2 years ago.

We could be interested in adding it back and we take most of our feature requests from UserVoice so I encourage you to request it there.

As for getting all the tickets on one page to print I do not have any coding for that, but it could be possible with a customization to the tickets.

You can follow our themer’s guide to get started on that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Thanks

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

I understand the pdf were not customizeable. I guess it comes down to this.

1. The vast majority of people may buy 2 tickets for a gig. Right now the html tickets print horribly and therefore are not really useful to bring to a gig. So some kind of print option that is print friendly, one ticket per page or something like this would make sense.

2. The new update is bringing barcodes and scanning to the mix so therefore the print function is more important again,(yes, I wish people just used their smartphones too 🙂 as unfortunately half the people attending my events do not have smart phones still and take an age to search their inbox for it. The printed ticket is still by far the most practical solution.

So what I would say is hopefully the barcode solution coming in the next update is good because that would be a massive massive help checking people into gigs. Also some kind of print friendly option. It does not have to be a pdf but some kind of printable version of a ticket would make sense also.

Hopefully this is thought of in the new version. The plugin works great but the getting people in the door at the venue needs more work here and hopefully this has already been taken on board.

Brian
    Keymaster

I see where you are coming from.

I looked into the page-break-before and page-break-after properties, but services such as Gmail strip those out so they do not work.

You can look to editing the blank table after each ticket by moving this file to your theme to edit:

the-events-calendar\views\tickets\email.php

By increasing the height in that blank table you could better move that 2nd ticket onto a new page.

That is all I have for you on this.

Thanks

niggo
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be possible to use something like jsPDF?
    http://mrrio.github.io/jsPDF/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Niggo,

It could be possible to use that and you are welcome to try, but we are unable to help out on a customization like that.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket email / PDF?’ is closed to new replies.