ticket email not sent to customer

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus ticket email not sent to customer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello and happy new year, Ô my favourite event ticketting service ? I have wordpress installed, with woocommerce 3.2.6 and event tickets plus 4.6.2, to sell tickets for a conference. the following issue has arosen : all my clients receive the paypal payment confirmation (sender : paypal), and the order confirmation from woocommerce (which is different from the ticket itself). Yet ! some people receive their tickets (an email showing a qr code), some not. i have no clue so far of a criteria who would let me guess who does / doesn’t. i have them check the junk folders, and it didn’t solve anything. so, i need to have a check after each order, which is time consuming, and doesn’t look trustworthy. How to investigate, what can i do to solve it soon ? (i contacted wordpress / woocommerce) which asked me to contact you.

I add the following information : when i use the “resend tickets” from the order actions menu, i don’t see any update in the “order notes” log. And ! some of the user then effectively get the ticket by email, and some not.

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can have the system send tickets from any chosen email address by simply installing, configuring and testing the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Using a real SMTP server with authentication will bypass the built-in WP mail functionality altogether.

Please make sure you configure and test the settings using the plugin’s built-in tool.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Thank you Jaime,

i did install easy-wp-smtp.
    i will check in coming days with the buyers to try and see if it solved the issue.

I’ll keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Jean-Philippe.

Great, let me know how it goes!

Dear Jaime,

After the installation of easy wp smtp

1. I resent a ticket “resend ticket email” to one client, and she received it
    2. another client i resent it through the same way, didn’t
    3. i have had orders since, and don’t know what is the statut (i will investigate)

I can’t consider it is solved at this stage.
    For the case #2, is there a way to have access to the QR code generated for an order and send it through a regular email ?

Thank you,

Jean-Philippe

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to access to QR code to send through regular email, however you do have the option to resend the ticket emails to your customers.  You can do this by navigating to your Order tab, clicking on the Order in question.  From there, click on the dropdown under Order Actions and resend tickets email.  Click Update.

I hope this helps!  Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Thank you, it all worked fine in the end.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket email not sent to customer’ is closed to new replies.