Ticket email not sending

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket email not sending

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    christina
    Participant

I am using paypal as my payment method. I have the Payment Action set to capture. Which I believe should collect the payment and if it’s valid it will process the order. However this is not happening. The oder still has a status of “processing” why is this happening?

Barry

Hi Christina,

That’s really more a question for the team over at WooThemes/WooCommerce as our own plugin does not interfere in the payment/order process.

With that said, lots of people have had success using this approach to ensure orders are automatically completed.

Would that work here?

christina
    Participant

Hi barry. Possibly. I will try that. I just think it’s weird that it wouldn’t do this automatically. I opened a ticket yesterday with woocommerce and havne’t heard back yet. It seems to be processing automatically in your demo here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/wootickets-new-user-primer/#installwoo
    I’m wondering if he had to make this adjustment for this to happen?

Barry

It is something that strikes lots of people as odd, yet it’s fairly standard and I’d tend to see it as a feature: if you were handling credit cards, for instance, you might wish to review the order etc – partly to filter out fraudulent transactions but also for other standard checks – before charging it.

Though you may be using PayPal, the same process exists and similar reasoning probably sits behind that … but, at the end of the day, the best people to speak to on this count are the team over at WooThemes.

It seems to be processing automatically in your demo here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/wootickets-new-user-primer/#installwoo
    Iā€™m wondering if he had to make this adjustment for this to happen?

Hmm, I don’t think so – if you look at the third video (purchase experience & processing an order) you’ll see Rob explicitly notes needing to mark the order complete. The workaround I linked to should help you out here – but again if you hit difficulties it is probably worth talking to WooCommerce’s own authors/support team.

Thanks!

christina
    Participant

Thanks! That worked!

Barry

Awesome šŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket email not sending’ is closed to new replies.