Ticket description loses formatting when saving ticket in event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket description loses formatting when saving ticket in event

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Matt.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I am trying to add a carriage return to the ticket description. I can do this in the description of the Ticket product in WooCommerce using html (
    ). This displays correctly until I then edit the ticket in the event. When I save the ticket from the event page, for instance is I need to change the dates when the ticket can be bought from and until then the description looses it’s formatting and the carriage return shows as text.

For instance. When the following is added to the description in Woocommerce;
    First line
    Second line

The ticket description at the front end shows as ;
    First line
    Second line

If I then edit the ticket in the event the front end reverts to showing;
    First line
    Second line

Is there a solution to this?

Note: the site is not live currently

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m not really sure about the exact issue you are having as I can’t reproduce it on my end. Could you please share with us some screenshots to illustrate the problem?

Thanks,
    Victor

Matt
    Participant

I am not surprised you are confused 🙂 It seems that your support system strips out html.

I have taken some screen shots with descriptions. Please see them attached.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

Thanks for clearing that out!

I can confirm that is indeed an oversight in our plugin and it should be possible to use HTML as in the WooCommerce side.

I have created a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologise for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Matt!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket description loses formatting when saving ticket in event’ is closed to new replies.