Ticket count mismatch

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket count mismatch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

Hi there – just been testing the new Events Tickets Plus plugin, and seem to be getting an error in the way the ticket numbers are being processed.

I created an event and added a ticket, making 20 available. This displayed correctly, with the ticket availability displaying as 20 of 20.

I booked a ticket, and the ticket availability displayed as 17 of 19 on the event page – after the ticket order was confirmed, this changed to 18 of 19. In the admin pages, the attendee list displayed the ‘Sales by Ticket’ as 1 of 18, while in the edit view of the event, the ticket info says ‘Sold 1 of 19’.

I tried booking another ticket – this reduced the ticket availability to 15 of 18, then 16 of 18 after order confirmation. In the edit view, it now says ‘Sold 2 of 18’, while the attendee listing says ‘Sold 2 of 16’.

We’re using Woocommerce, and the product count is correctly reduced in the product listing for the ticket – currently displaying 18 tickets available, and I am able to add up to 18 tickets to my cart from the event page.

I don’t mind hiding the ticket availability, or changing it to just saying tickets are available (or sold out when appropriate), but obviously it’s not ideal.

(It’s a test site, so other than your plugins and Woocommerce, the only other plugin activated is a Google analytics plugin – turning this off didn’t resolve the issue).

Leah

Hi liblogger,

Thanks for your post, and for giving us a full run down of the situation. Can you confirm what version of Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, and WooCommerce you are running? We recently released 4.0.1 for ET and ET+, so you’ll want to update if you haven’t already.

Also, can you check under WooCommerce –> Settings –> Products –> Inventory and make sure you have the Enable Stock Inventory setting checked?

Thank you for your patience and support while we get to the bottom of this issue!

Best,

Leah

liblogger
    Participant

Hi Leah, thanks for your prompt response.

I am using the 4.0.1 versions of your plugins (should have been in the system details I copied across – did they not save?). WordPress is version 4.4, Woocommerce is version 2.4.12.

I’ve double-checked the Woocommerce settings – there isn’t an option for ‘Enable Stock Inventory’, but there’s an option to ‘Enable stock management’, which is selected (and it does seem to be correctly incrementing ticket numbers in Woocommerce). Stock management is also enabled in the auto-generated product for the ticket.

Geoff

Hello @liblogger,

Thanks for following up with the additional information–that helps a lot!

I was able to replicate the same issue on my test site. We don’t have a solution at the moment, but I have opened a ticket for our development to team to look into this further. I’ll mark this thread as Pending Fix in the meantime. I won’t have a timeframe for when we can patch this, but I will be sure to follow-up with you when I know more.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the heads up so we can figure it out!

Geoff

liblogger
    Participant

Thanks Geoff – I’ll keep an eye out for the fix!

Geoff

Sure thing–and thanks again for bringing this up!

Leah

Good news everyone!

We’ve just release a maintenance release that addresses this issue. Please look for updates to your Events plugin(s) on your site. Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the reported issues. And don’t forget to review the release notes for all the details on version 4.0.3.

While our testing shows that the new release fixes the problem reported here, sites are different and it’s possible that there are edge cases. If you are still seeing the issue after you update your plugins, please post a new thread so we can look into it further.

Thank you for your support!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket count mismatch’ is closed to new replies.