Ticket cost

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket cost

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

So I may have some organizations that are interested in a ticketing solution. I really can’t nail down what the cost of selling a ticket is. Aside from the licensing fee for Tickets Plus and assuming Woo Commerce, what costs are associated with each ticket sale? There must be some processing fees somewhere in there.

Hunter

Hey Thomas,

Welcome back 🙂

I hope your New Year has started off in the right direction. The only other cost I can think of is if you plan on processing payments using PayPal. You can learn more about their fees here. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any more questions and take care!

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

ok, thanks. So paypal or stripe the cost is about the same at 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction. How does the money flow work? Do the payments go in my account and then I transfer to my customer or straight to the customer and if so how do I monetize that and make it worth my while to offer ticketing?

Hunter

Hey Thomas,

Thank you for the response. Our Configuring Community Tickets Knowledgebase article does a great job explaining the process and should provide answers to all the questions you’ve asked. Please take a moment to review it and if you still have questions, feel free to reply and I’ll do my best to accommodate.

Thanks again and have a great afternoon 🙂

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

OK thanks for the link. Looks like Event Tickets Plus is the middle of the road solution offering a competitive rate vs Eventbrite and gives me a little wiggle room. Everything on the configuration page of Community Events mentions Paypal for split payments but your plugin talks about multiple payment gateways. I would prefer to use Stripe with WooCommerce I think. Does that all work with split payments? It looks like a good product but I also see some issues in the support forums about this combination of providers and would hate to disappoint what few substantial customers I would have here with a product that does not work as advertised. So is this a reasonable plan that works? Event Tickets Plus with WooCommerce and Stripe?

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Hunter, after looking around a bit more, I certainly appreciate your direction in this matter to help me understand how things work but I am going to end up in that camp that is waiting on Stripe. I have no desire to go thru what some of the support threads document as weeks of trial and error with no solution. So I can’t mark this resolved but I can you can mark it as closed for now. I have weighed in on the stripe enhancement request. Pretty disappointing as I am making a public presentation next week on the community calendar and I really wanted to announce ticketing coming soon.

Hunter

Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback. I understand your frustration on the matter and hopefully we can get Stripe included as an option for the Community Tickets split payments feature.

Thanks again and feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or comments. Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket cost’ is closed to new replies.