Ticket confirmations or ticket emails not being sent or recieved.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket confirmations or ticket emails not being sent or recieved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tombyrom16
    Participant

Hello,
    So I’ve used your system for a previous event and sold tickets perfectly fine. I just set up a new event yesterday and updated the website and plugins etc did everything the same as last time and order confirmations and tickets are not being sent out on my main event which is being purchased via paypal?

I set up a test event which was a free ticket so no paypal checkout and that works fine i get order confirmation and ticket information.

Also I noticed that on paypal checkout it says cancel and return to “merchants email address”. And once payment is complete it says return to “merchants email address”.
    This wasnt the case last time? It redirects to my website but why does the link say an email address?

When using paypal do they have to return to the order confirmation screen on the website for the emails to be sent or how does it work?

website is http://kitchenklub.com/events/
    you can see test event and actual event.

I can’t afford for people just to be getting a Paypal receipt but don’t understand what has changed? Everything is the same I have checked everything out and the fact that the test event works fine without paypal checkout because it’s free makes me think the issue with my main event is related to the payment process?

Please can someone respond ASAP as I am already selling tickets and need to get the emails working ASAP.

Thanks
    Tom

tombyrom16
    Participant

please note I added this code to automatically mark orders as complete, which it does do fine (this worked for my first event fine as well) http://www.skyverge.com/blog/how-to-set-woocommerce-virtual-order-status-to-complete-after-payment/

Barry

Hi Tom: so each of those orders are being marked as complete, in that case (ie is the snippet/tweak from skyverge.com working as expected or are you anyway manually setting them to complete)?

Can you also confirm if all other emails generated by your WordPress installation are being dispatched and received as expected, such as password resets?

Thanks!

tombyrom16
    Participant

Hi Barry: yes they’re being marked as complete no problem, there are no issues there, I also disabled the code so i had to manually mark as complete and still no emails.

On free tickets via my test event I get all emails come through no problem hence why I’ve said I think something is not telling it to send emails once the customer has gone through the paypal checkout.

All emails are coming through via contact form as well.

I’m basically not getting confirmation emails and ticket emails are not being sent that I know of when someone buys a ticket and pays via paypal.

Thanks

tombyrom16
    Participant

I’ve actually just bought a ticket going through the whole process that a customer would and all emails have come through?

I’ve had sold 4 tickets already but didnt get any emails come through so this is very strange… im hoping it is fixed I cant tell un till another person buys a ticket and I will come back to you.

Thanks

Barry

OK – hopefully it was a temporary blip of some sort, but definitely let us know if you hit further difficulties.

aovivo
    Participant

hey tombyrom16,
    there seems to be a problem with redirecting to confirmed page after paying with paypal. some people (like in my case) a redirected to the wrong url and so the purchase cannot be completed. this has something to do with woocommerce most recent update.

HOWEVER, what i noticed is that when in complete the purchase manually, Woocommerce Tickets doesnt send out confirmation emails or tickets. i couldnt get behind this yet.

so for now i went back to the previous version of woocommerce – OR – just may want to try out this here: https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/5798
    once the autocomplete order via Paypal does work again, you should receive comfirmation Emaila and tickes by WC Tickets as usual…
    hoping this is solving the issue…
    my best regards
    P.-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket confirmations or ticket emails not being sent or recieved.’ is closed to new replies.