Ticket Bug

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Bug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Callie Minton
    Participant

I’ve had numerous reports of users missing events from their “Events I’m Attending”, – I’ve actually reported it about a year ago but thought I figured it out – turn out I haven’t.

So…

I have confirmed that they are not in their events I’m attending. Also if they visit the event page it does not display “View Your Tickets”.

I did see the orders were in their account and tickets show in the backend for admins in the attendee list.

I checked the wp_post table and the Order ID was assigned the value of 0 <b>NOT</b> the user ID. Further research revealed that not only was the order being assigned the ID=0 but also the tickets in the wp_post_meta table also. This obviously results in tickets not being assigned to the user, the user thinks there was an error and they repurchase. Not cool!

I have not been able to identify a root cause. We initially thought it was related to the cache run but we found instances where it didn’t occur when the cache was running. We also cleared the cache just to make sure it wasn’t something there either. Nope not that either.

Also from my in-depth research it is not related to:
    Set Users – sometimes it happens/sometimes it doesn’t for a variety users. It does not occur for admins.
    Events – it effects different events existing and newly added
    Event Variables – Its happening to all events with various variables: Tickets vs RSVP, Global Stock Management, and if a manual order made etc. There is no catalyst for the event to start assigning ID=0 and it can assign it and then not assign ID=0.
    Plugins – As you know testing for conflicts on a Production site is not feasible as it would significantly impact the website for users. I have not been able to replicate the issue myself on our test server trying all sorts of ways to create an example. Also the logs do not indicate any errors or issues arising on our Prod. So I’m leaning towards believing this is a bug vs conflict. Also another user also identified the same issue with tickets in the post_meta being assigned ID=0. I just can’t find the post on the forums 🙁

As you can see, I’ve spent considerable amount of my own time testing, scouring tables, checking for conflicts with plugins, checking logs, debug mode etc. trying to find the root cause. Maybe you guys can shed some light and check into for yourselves and see if you can find it. I have to believe that since there is someone else that there are probably more instances – it just hasn’t been identified yet.

In the meantime, we have a script to repair the issue. I’ve included a list of instances where its happened in the past week in a private reply for you.

Thanks!

Callie Minton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Participant

We have this issue also in our web site with Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus. We have reported this issue multiple times to this support forum, along with a proposed solution that works on our site.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/meta-value-_tribe_tickets_attendee_user_id-incorrectly-set/

We have not received any feedback about our proposed solution, so be advised, use it on your own risk.

Callie Minton
    Participant

Hi, Andras! Your post was the one I was referring to above. Thank you!

We will probably just stick with our script but I’ll check out your solution and see if thats something we are willing to implement.

Trisha

Hello Callie!

I am so sorry to hear your experience this, I agree…not cool! Thank you for the very detailed report!

I have found the bug report that was logged when Andras reported his issue and have bumped the importance accordingly. I cannot say when a fix will happen but I will adjust the status of this thread to ‘Pending Fix’ so that you are notified when when that happens.

In the meantime may I suggest downgrading to the previous version of Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus? You can read how to do that in this guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

If you have any questions or need clarification please feel free to let me know! I’m happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 26th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-26th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Andras
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that we installed the latest release ET/ETC 4.5.1 from 26th of June, and it fixes this issue.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Bug’ is closed to new replies.